Meditech Offer

Want to know anything about feeding or the health of your birds post it here.
Buster121

Buy 2 for £10

4 IN 1 LIQUID SPECIAL OFFER

Saving £19.98
George and Morgan

do you use it Steve
king

It's because it expires at end of year. There trying to get rid of it. I've never used a 4 in 1 treatment product. If your going to treat you should treat them individually for each thing. Why treat for something they may not need?
MIL

king wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 3:59 pm It's because it expires at end of year. There trying to get rid of it. I've never used a 4 in 1 treatment product. If your going to treat you should treat them individually for each thing. Why treat for something they may not need?

As you know Dave, you're a fan of the extreme distance, whilst I'm a sprinter - so we're at opposite ends of the spectrum in some regards. The way i see these things is like this :

We keep birds 52 weeks of the year, and for approx 40 weeks of the year (in the UK) they do naff all really. For 12 weeks (Old Birds) I want performance from them. No if's not but's no excuses of getting caught or bad traps - performance - simple as that. To me that starts with "health". Health is the absolute be all and end all. I never saw an athlete win Olympic Gold who wasn't 100%. I never saw a horse win the Derby who wasn't spot on either.

Once you have health you can then build fitness, condition and form. Add in a bit of motivation and then potentially a decent loft position on the day and you become a dangerous competitor. I don't care how good your birds are though if they aren't healthy they aren't winning.

Can a 4 in 1 product assist in getting birds healthy? 100% yes. Been then, seen it, done it and got the t-shirt
king

Mike I didn't say it didn't work. I was saying if your birds have worms treat them for worms? But why would you use this product if your birds ONLY had ONE of the 4 things? Your birds have got to be in poor shape to need to treat for ALL FOUR things together?
MIL

king wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 5:35 pm Mike I didn't say it didn't work. I was saying if your birds have worms treat them for worms? But why would you use this product if your birds ONLY had ONE of the 4 things? Your birds have got to be in poor shape to need to treat for ALL FOUR things together?
How do most pigeon fanciers know what their birds have?

A generous percentage don't test

I guess it's whether you're reactive or proactive in your approach
wynands56

wait for results from clinic and take it from there but i would never use a 4 in one treatment
MIL

Thing is I would suggest the majority of fanciers don't test at all - so "blind treatment" (at best) is how they operate
Buster121

George and Morgan wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 3:57 pm do you use it Steve
No mate
George and Morgan

i use nothing Steve only spices for one bird