For our new members.

Say hello to all the other members on the forum.
Anthony webster
Great Britain

Hi from Walpole West Norfolk originally from south east London,
Love sprint racing some years race north some yrs race south love mnfc races, forgot to say I race south Rd in wisbech club and fens federation a nortb Rd in runcton with the Norfolk n Suffolk championship club.
Race mainly celibate hens some years cocks,
Normally a team of 20 or less hens if I decide to race cocks it's a similar amount, about 30 odd yb.
Last edited by Anthony webster on Fri Apr 05, 2024 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CHARLTON34

Evening I'm Dave & I fly with Farrington Gurney FC, race East to West with the WOESRC, race cock & hens O/birds & 25 ybs.
I'm down in the West Country near Bath & have been retired since 2022.
Regards Dave.
Andy

CHARLTON34 wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 7:25 pm Evening I'm Dave & I fly with Farrington Gurney FC, race East to West with the WOESRC, race cock & hens O/birds & 25 ybs.
I'm down in the West Country near Bath & have been retired since 2022.
Regards Dave.
Same combine as me then Dave.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Andy

Some good info from our new members. Thanks for sharing with us.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Steve Howells

Morning all, I live in North Norfolk and like so many have had pigeons since a kid. Had my first race in 1977 ( and I'm still waiting to clock from it 🤣).
I've raced both North and South but currently racing North as I like the longer races but can't be bothered with all the hassle that's now attached to channel racing. I fly a rather unique system called bugger about🤣. Basically as I know so little about pigeons I let them do what they want. I just try to get them in the best condition I can and hope for the best. The pigeons themselves are a mix of middle and long distance lines, If I can a try and buy youngsters of National Ace pigeons then just cross them together. All rather chaotic but it somehow seems to work for me.
Trev

Steve Howells wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 6:20 am Morning all, I live in North Norfolk and like so many have had pigeons since a kid. Had my first race in 1977 ( and I'm still waiting to clock from it 🤣).
I've raced both North and South but currently racing North as I like the longer races but can't be bothered with all the hassle that's now attached to channel racing. I fly a rather unique system called bugger about🤣. Basically as I know so little about pigeons I let them do what they want. I just try to get them in the best condition I can and hope for the best. The pigeons themselves are a mix of middle and long distance lines, If I can a try and buy youngsters of National Ace pigeons then just cross them together. All rather chaotic but it somehow seems to work for me.
:lol: :lol:
Sounds like a great system to me Steve, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" 👍🤠
Trev

Thanks for sharing some of your information with us guys, its good to know where you all are and what your situations are, I look forward of hearing more about you in the future.
I'm Trev, married to Lisa, we have between us 3 children and 4 grandchildren, I live in Patching on the South coast, I used to race with the Worthing and District FC which was the club both Andy and I joined as boys. I am Andy's younger brother, we have 3 other brothers but are the only 2 who followed our Dad into keeping pigeons. Sadly the Worthing club dissolved about 4 years ago so I now race in the Littlehampton RPC, we were racing with the South Coast Federation until a couple of years when, due to the lack of channel racing we voted to fly North with the Sussex North Road Federation which I personally much prefer.
As with Steve my system is just my system, I have far too many pigeons kept very natural and very chaotic. Once I stop getting hammered by the local hawks I like to keep my birds on an open loft, all my birds fly together, old and young. Again, like brother Andy, I was a dairy farmer and lived on the Isle of Wight for 10 years, I did keep and race pigeons over there but due to personal circumstances I got the rid of the birds in 2007. I moved back to Sussex in 2011 and started keeping pigeons again in 2016, I prefer distance flying and apart from a couple of pairs that Andy bred me most of my original stock came from our friend, the late Des Coulter. Due to the lack of distance races I am trying to introduce some more sprint based birds, I have no doubt though from past experiences that these birds still won't score from the sprint races but will do ok further up the road lol.
I don't have the competitive drive that I had as boy/young man and won't be setting the club or federation alight but I just enjoy having the birds around and the social side of Club racing.
All the best
chrisroscoe
Site Admin

nice to meet a few of you :)
George and Morgan

new members you must find this site different from pigeonchat
Mark69
Great Britain

Hi I am Mark McClure I race in the NIPA , I am a hobby fancier i race 18 widowhood cocks and around 30 to 36 ybs , i recently came across from pigeon chat , Good Luck everyone for the new season Mark