Late bred returns

Talk about anything racing pigeon related here aslong as there isnt a section for it.
Andy

I lost a latebred cock off the loft a week ago. I thought that I wouldn’t see him again and he had probably been taken by a hawk. But we were out shopping this morning and when we got home he was sat in the garden. The lofts were shut up so he couldn’t get in. I managed to just pick him up in the garden. He is very thin but unharmed. I put him in the loft and gave him some food. I checked him a bit later and he was just sat on the floor. I picked him up and put him in his nest box. Fortunately he has a bottom box. He seems completely flown out. The last time I saw a pigeon this flown out was back in the 80s. The hen that won Lerwick for me was timed on the third day. She trapped onto the floor of the loft and it was a few days before she could even fly up to a perch. I think this cock may have been chased by a hawk but got away. He probably flew for miles in panic. Goodness knows where he has been but I think he has flown miles over the last couple of days to get back home. I’m glad to see him back home though. He won’t be raced as he was very badly scalped when younger.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
George and Morgan

rest him you may get a late race with him or a few trainers
Andy

This is him.
IMG_3180.jpeg
IMG_3181.jpeg
You can see where he was scalped. He has got a lovely eye. He is out of a grizzle cock from Trev who was first bird from Ilkeston and Hexham with the CSCFC as a yearling. His dam is the blue hen from Potter who flew south road and north road and was first or second bird every race she had.
Devo1956

Nothing better than one returning, when you think it's gone. Very nice to hear.
Buster121

That is great news hope he recovers well, as you say prbably chased off
Murray

It's wonderful when one that was lost finds it;s way home. As you say he has been miles and miles and is worn out. He will pick up quick now he is home.
Greetings from the land down under. :D
Andy

Well he is looking brighter and eating fine. But 2 days after returning still can’t get off the floor. It does make you wonder where they have been and what they will put themselves through to get home. I’m sure he will be fine in time.
Buster121

Andy wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:03 pm Well he is looking brighter and eating fine. But 2 days after returning still can’t get off the floor. It does make you wonder where they have been and what they will put themselves through to get home. I’m sure he will be fine in time.
He will get stroger as time passes, it does make you wonder for sure