Timing system

Need any help or advice post it here.
Daz71

More questions sorry, what timing system is used for both the NFC & BICC ?
Andy

Daz71 wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 4:41 pm More questions sorry, what timing system is used for both the NFC & BICC ?
You can use manual or ETS with both those clubs. When marking them they will have separate tables for marking ETS and those using rubbers. Although most members use ETS nowadays there are still those that prefer using rubbers. Once you get into a club you will have to find out what they use. Our club is all ETS. Until you are sure you want to continue with the pigeons I wouldn’t go to the expense of buying the ETS system. Although you could pick up a second hand one reasonably priced it can still be expensive.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Daz71

thanks Andy do all clubs use the same ets system ? & do all the different brands work with each other
Andy

Daz71 wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 5:23 pm thanks Andy do all clubs use the same ets system ? & do all the different brands work with each other
In some clubs they do only use one system but in our club we have members that use the Bricon, Unikon and Benzing. When going to national markings they will cater for all. You may need to take the universal cables with you.
Trev

Daz71 wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 5:23 pm thanks Andy do all clubs use the same ets system ? & do all the different brands work with each other
Our club only uses Unikon and doesn't use rubbers anymore, just because it makes the whole process much easier and quicker. As a club they will help finance anyone who can't afford an electronic system and we will set a manual clock for anyone who really wants one. I know other in our fed some clubs do use any system as the classics do.
Am I right in thinking that you still need a manual clock for internationals ??
Devo1956

I remember telling members about, a few young children in cape town South Africa. They clocked in using Whatts app. They would take a shot of birds ring number and send to the racing Sec, it was one way of racing.
Andy

Trev wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:58 am
Our club only uses Unikon and doesn't use rubbers anymore, just because it makes the whole process much easier and quicker. As a club they will help finance anyone who can't afford an electronic system and we will set a manual clock for anyone who really wants one. I know other in our fed some clubs do use any system as the classics do.
Am I right in thinking that you still need a manual clock for internationals ??
No not anymore Trev. They stopped it during Covid. I think they brought it back for one year but have since stopped it altogether.
Andy

Devo1956 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:51 am I remember telling members about, a few young children in cape town South Africa. They clocked in using Whatts app. They would take a shot of birds ring number and send to the racing Sec, it was one way of racing.
A good way to get youngsters involved but I don’t think you could ever do that for proper racing. Can you imagine getting a pigeon in good time in a national and then running around trying to get the ring right for taking a photo. Even worse than using a rubber lol.
Devo1956

Andy wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:39 pm
Devo1956 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:51 am I remember telling members about, a few young children in cape town South Africa. They clocked in using Whatts app. They would take a shot of birds ring number and send to the racing Sec, it was one way of racing.
A good way to get youngsters involved but I don’t think you could ever do that for proper racing. Can you imagine getting a pigeon in good time in a national and then running around trying to get the ring right for taking a photo. Even worse than using a rubber lol.
I agree with you Andy, the lads over there found this the cheapest way to race their birds. a very good thought plan for them.
Daz71

Do you have to have the smarthub fitted to the Benzing clocking system? or can the clock (M2 / M3) run as a stand alone system along with the field antenna fitted ?