Temporary loss of flight

Need any help or advice post it here.
BELLA6

Hi everyone, could anyone tell me why when some of my hens are about to lay they lose the ability to fly fora day or two.
They are obviously lacking something but I don’t know what. Any advice would be greatly appreciated,
Buster121

BELLA6 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 1:14 pm Hi everyone, could anyone tell me why when some of my hens are about to lay they lose the ability to fly fora day or two.
They are obviously lacking something but I don’t know what. Any advice would be greatly appreciated,
Hi and welcome to the site BELLA6
The most likely cause is a lack of calcium, hope this helps
George and Morgan

because they are about to lay
Buster121

George and Morgan wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 1:24 pm because they are about to lay
This as well thanks George forgot about that
Andy

Hi Bella welcome to the site. Are they fine after they have laid? Maybe a bit overweight. Calcium deficiency can be a cause and would also make them weak on their legs. How many are you having an issue with?
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Murray

Hi Bella.
As the others have said, very probably a lack of calcium. If you are not already giving them shell grit, get some fine shell grit and give them a little bit fresh every day. As much as they want.
Greetings from the land down under. :D
BELLA6

Buster121 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 1:21 pm
BELLA6 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 1:14 pm Hi everyone, could anyone tell me why when some of my hens are about to lay they lose the ability to fly fora day or two.
Hi and welcome to the site BELLA6
The most likely cause is a lack of calcium, hope this helps
Hi Buster, thanks for your reply. I give them Matrix twice a week perhaps i should increase that.
BELLA6

Andy wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:22 pm Hi Bella welcome to the site. Are they fine after they have laid? Maybe a bit overweight. Calcium deficiency can be a cause and would also make them weak on their legs. How many are you having an issue with?
Hi Andy, thanks for your reply. They probably are a little over weight , I give them Matrix twice a week,they seem okay on their legs. There are four with this problem and it is the second time for three of them.
Andy

It does sound strange. I have had the odd ones go off their wings but not associated with laying. There is a weakness there somewhere but not sure where. 🤔🤔
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.