DEFRA Well it's official !!

Talk about anything racing pigeon related here aslong as there isnt a section for it.
Trev

The inevitable decision has been made that by the 1st of October 2024 we all have to be registered with DEFRA. Personally I don't have a problem with this and am already registered due to me wanting to race across the water, although for several reasons I've not yet had a vet inspection so haven't been able to go across the channel.
I was registered years ago on the Isle of Wight with my chickens, it's very unlikely, unless something extreme occurs that we will hear much if anything from them, I've not in nearly 3 years, even when we were in an avian influenza control zone.

Screenshot_20240319_204719_Telegram.jpg
Buster121

Just seen it on another site
Andy

Yeah I think I will have to register now. I know it’s simple and doesn’t cost anything but still another way of big brother over what we do.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Trev

I kinda get why they are doing it but really can't see exactly how it's going to stop the spread of certain diseases !! Most of these diseases are already notifiable whether you are registered or not, but how many people would really notify anyone !! It would only be found if you had a random inspection, which I really doubt they have enough personnel for. The avian flu is a massive issue world wide and somehow does need bringing under control so anything they can do to speed this up is worth doing. I have a friend in Brazil who hasn't been able to race a pigeon in 2 years due the restrictions their governing bodies have in place.
George and Morgan

seems it now applies to me now even if my birds are are not out
Andy

George and Morgan wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:05 am seems it now applies to me now even if my birds are are not out
Unfortunately I think it does George. Even those with aviary’s of budgies, finches etc that are outside will have to register. Can’t see it making any difference with the number of ferals and wild birds around that can’t be monitored.
George and Morgan

do it cost me money
Devo1956

:Will i have to register my street birds :lol: :lol: :lol:
Andy

George and Morgan wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:26 am do it cost me money
No George it’s free to register.
George and Morgan

next question how do i do it