fat ybs

Talk about anything here. ( non pigeon related please)
George and Morgan

14 days Andy it's when you handle them
Buster121

George they look well OK to me
Andy

George and Morgan wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:48 pm 14 days Andy it's when you handle them
They will soon fill out once weaned. If they then go backwards then get rid.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Trev

Going back to the start of this post I do know what you mean George, some youngsters do look ropey in the nest, but as the others have also said, unless they are clearly sick or half the size of its sibling I wouldn't be getting rid of them. I'd put a mark against them in my book and just see how they grow and make up once they are weaned.
There certainly doesn't look much wrong with the two in the nest !! Having said that you know your birds and you know what you like, if they don't fit what you are looking for then they shouldn't be in your loft. I would agree with what Andy and others have said, you've had quite a few new birds come into your loft, so how these birds feel and look at different stages is going to be different to what you are used to.
Some of my best pigeons over the years haven't been much to look at, and if you look at some of the top lofts of years gone by there have been some rough looking birds winning big competitions.
George and Morgan

thinking now have been letting the corn bin get low to use the corn up think i will empty it and put fresh corn in corn been using looked ok but could be 2-3 years old there is a lot of peas no maize the peas are rock hard like stones
George and Morgan

just had another look at them this morning there seems to be too much corn in the crop and no water the crop is packed with corn the other think they don't seem to be any weight
Devo1956

George, when i was feeding my youngsters i would give 25% pellets and 75% food mix. The pellets soak up the water, and makes it easier for the mix to break down. Giving the youngster plenty of growth.
George and Morgan

Dev didn't notice it before but there are no droppings round the nest i think the problem was in old corn it looked ok as i was trying to empty the corn bin will give them 2 more days they are able to stand so legs are not weak
Devo1956

George, use a syringe and pump some water in them, it may help them mate.
George and Morgan

there not worth it Dev i don't have a syringe will put some water down for them