Race program

Post your club / fed news in here.
Andy

Following a meeting of our combine committee today to work out our race program following the fact that Littlehampton is no longer available this is now our program.

Commencing 20th April.

Stoney Cross 34 miles
Stoney Cross
Stoney Cross
Chale 56 miles
Brighton 102 miles
Stoney Cross (Any Age Race)
Eastbourne 120 miles
Chale
Brighton
Eastbourne

One Week Break

YB Programme
Stoney Cross
Stoney Cross
Chale
Brighton
Stoney Cross
Stoney Cross
Chale
Brighton

So at least we have a couple of extra races over 100 miles.
It could be interesting to race a few youngsters in the any age races too.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Murray

That's a sprint program alright!
Yes, if you have a young bird or two that are really switched on and forward you can put then in the all age races. You might be very pleasantly surprised ;)
Greetings from the land down under. :D
Andy

Murray wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:02 pm That's a sprint program alright!
Yes, if you have a young bird or two that are really switched on and forward you can put then in the all age races. You might be very pleasantly surprised ;)
Even though I’ve changed to widowhood it’s still shorter than I would have preferred. 7 old bird races at 34 miles !!!
With my young birds already looking to go out I’m sure I could race a few in the any age races. The 4 any age races are only from 34 miles anyway. I may try to give the young cocks these races before stopping the better ones for widowhood the following year. Then race the young hens right through the young bird program. Just a thought at this stage.
Buster121

Not a bad programme pity not a couple more distance available, would have loved any age when I was racing, all the best with it Andy
Murray

Andy wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:33 pm
Murray wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:02 pm That's a sprint program alright!
Even though I’ve changed to widowhood it’s still shorter than I would have preferred. 7 old bird races at 34 miles !!!
With my young birds already looking to go out I’m sure I could race a few in the any age races. The 4 any age races are only from 34 miles anyway. I may try to give the young cocks these races before stopping the better ones for widowhood the following year. Then race the young hens right through the young bird program. Just a thought at this stage.
I wouldn't be stopping the young cocks. All the races are short and I reckon they are better staying in the system and being kept occupied.
When I raced young birds in New Zealand I sometimes stopped a young cock I really liked after it had been about 150 miles a couple of times. Otherwise they kept going up to the 200 mile stage. I wasn't a huge fan of sending them on to the 250 or 300 mile young bird races, but usually sent a couple, usually hens. It did them no harm.
Greetings from the land down under. :D
Andy

Buster121 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:54 pm Not a bad programme pity not a couple more distance available, would have loved any age when I was racing, all the best with it Andy
We are still looking at potentially going with the Three Counties for their longer races. Which will at least give my 2 or 3 150+ mile races.
Trev

Looks an ok programme bruv, you've just got to get your widowhoods to break out and not follow the pack into Bristol !!
God to see you have a couple of Channel races 👍😉
Chale is on the South side of the Isle of Wight just up the road from where I used to live, it used to be quite a popular liberation site but unfortunately there is quite a big Peregrine problem in that area so your liberations could be interesting 😕 I know that is a massive issue wherever we go these days so unfortunately we just have to accept it and take our chances.
Hopefully you will bee able to get a couple of longer races in with the three counties Andy, good luck with bruv.
Buster121

Trev wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 9:21 am Looks an ok programme bruv, you've just got to get your widowhoods to break out and not follow the pack into Bristol !!
God to see you have a couple of Channel races 👍😉
Chale is on the South side of the Isle of Wight just up the road from where I used to live, it used to be quite a popular liberation site but unfortunately there is quite a big Peregrine problem in that area so your liberations could be interesting 😕 I know that is a massive issue wherever we go these days so unfortunately we just have to accept it and take our chances.
Hopefully you will bee able to get a couple of longer races in with the three counties Andy, good luck with bruv.
I always thought Chale was in France :lol:
Devo1956

Some of your races Andy, will be get out and gone. So you will need to be on your toes.
Andy

Devo1956 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:28 am Some of your races Andy, will be get out and gone. So you will need to be on your toes.
Yes mate. I hope they let us know quickly after liberation as they could be back in under 45 mins.