RPRA up for George

Talk about anything here. ( non pigeon related please)
Andy

George and Morgan wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 4:37 pm have heard of one club refusing to take the increase from members
I think any club going down this route are playing a very dangerous game. All their members will be fined and unable to race their pigeons this year in anything other than maybe their own club races.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
George and Morgan

that's good Andy as i understand it there fee is a lot less and you get 15 free rings next year as it stands now our rpra fee will be £70
Buster121

Devo1956 wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 2:45 pm
George and Morgan wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 2:42 pm just been told they are only juniors up to 16
Well George if young people have to stay in education, until they are 18 i would say there may be a case to put forward.
Totally agree
Buster121

George and Morgan wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 2:56 pm have just asked to join the NWHU make sure i have some rings
Hope you get in George, sure others will follow more so the ones in there areas and will probably race with them
Andy

Buster121 wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 8:00 pm
George and Morgan wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 2:56 pm have just asked to join the NWHU make sure i have some rings
Hope you get in George, sure others will follow more so the ones in there areas and will probably race with them
The only trouble with that Steve is that unless their members are also members of the RPRA they will only be able to race in races run solely by the NWHU. We have a couple of members who are members of the NWHU and get their rings through them. But they are also RPRA members and have to be to be able to race. It’s only really non flying members that would benefit from joining the NWHU and not the RPRA.
Don’t think that I’m all for the RPRA because I’m not. But I’m not sure there is any real alternative at present.
Buster121

Andy wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 8:57 pm
The only trouble with that Steve is that unless their members are also members of the RPRA they will only be able to race in races run solely by the NWHU. We have a couple of members who are members of the NWHU and get their rings through them. But they are also RPRA members and have to be to be able to race. It’s only really non flying members that would benefit from joining the NWHU and not the RPRA.
Don’t think that I’m all for the RPRA because I’m not. But I’m not sure there is any real alternative at present.
Yes I understand that Andy but has to be better than being ripped off in the manner it has been done, I think the RPRA should give the option to resign to any member that has already paid and refund subs paid
Andy

Buster121 wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 8:59 pm
Andy wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 8:57 pm

Yes I understand that Andy but has to be better than being ripped off in the manner it has been done, I think the RPRA should give the option to resign to any member that has already paid and refund subs paid
I do agree with that Steve. I think it was very bad the way this has been handled and don’t agree with it at all.
Murray

As an outsider looking in, it appears the RPRA have become a law unto themselves, and have a monopoly over the sport.
I think it is time the Federations and Combines stood up to the RPRA and started setting the rules.
Here in Australia any pigeon with a proper life ring can be raced in any race, apart from the 'special ring' futurity type races. In the big cities there are combine races formed of several federations and dozens of clubs. Thousands and thousands of birds go every week, and all you have to do is be a club member and pay your fed fees.
The RPRA saying you cannot get rings and race your pigeons unless you join and pay us, well that's almost blackmail. It's time for a re think, I would suggest.
Greetings from the land down under. :D
George and Morgan

seems rule 28B you don' have to pay in a partnership if one is deceased
Murray

George and Morgan wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 1:50 am seems rule 28B you don' have to pay in a partnership if one is deceased
So, we may see a sudden increase in unexplained deaths in pigeon fanciers :twisted:
Greetings from the land down under. :D