RPRA up for George

Talk about anything here. ( non pigeon related please)
Buster121

George and Morgan wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 12:19 pm £5 for junior members he is a junior member if you have children under 18 join in there name get rings
Sorry misread thought you said drop Morgans
George and Morgan

just been told they are only juniors up to 16
Devo1956

George and Morgan wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 2:42 pm just been told they are only juniors up to 16
Well George if young people have to stay in education, until they are 18 i would say there may be a case to put forward.
George and Morgan

have just asked to join the NWHU make sure i have some rings
Devo1956

George and Morgan wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 2:56 pm have just asked to join the NWHU make sure i have some rings
I hope you get some rings mate.
George and Morgan

it's more for next year Dev
George and Morgan

is there much difference in joining the NWHU OR NEHU
George and Morgan

have heard of one club refusing to take the increase from members
Andy

Devo1956 wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:45 am Could there be a case of breakaway clubs and Feds, starting to run their own racing platform. You can buy rings direct for the club, i ask the question. What do you get racing under the RPRA besides being a member.
There would have to be a new union formed, but this would be very complicated. I would like to see it happen but don’t think it will. You could get rings from the NWHU, or any of the others, if you joined but birds carrying these rings can’t compete in any competition run under RPRA rules without being registered with the RPRA. So the person flying the pigeon would also have to be a member of the RPRA. Also no member racing with any of the other unions and not also registered with the RPRA would be able to fly in any of the nationals, internationals or classics. As things are now this would probably mean that the only way to race over the channel was to be a member of the RPRA. I think if any new union was to form it would have to be for North Road only. I also think that it would be difficult to get a new union recognised by the FCI. Which would also mean that pigeons carrying rings without the FCI logo wouldn’t be able to be sold.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Andy

George and Morgan wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 4:06 pm is there much difference in joining the NWHU OR NEHU
Do you mean between the 2 George? The NWHU is the bigger one. But again their rings aren’t recognised with the RPRA unless they are registered with the RPRA at an additional cost of 30p per ring.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.