A little video.

Talk about anything racing pigeon related here aslong as there isnt a section for it.
Devo1956

This is a topic i have always enjoyed, i spent so many hours daily with my birds. I buzzed off keeping my loft clean, it was not a chore it was a delight. Here is a little video for those that wish to watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMxTbmSHdpg
George and Morgan

some do some don't Dev i don't clean the nestbox till ybs are weaned
Devo1956

George and Morgan wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 10:12 am some do some don't Dev i don't clean the nestbox till ybs are weaned
Yes George, we have our own ways. but it keeps the birds happy and ourselves.
Buster121

Some nice babies there, thanks for sharing, myself I leave until rung then every day cleaned
Andy

Looked nice. Obviously just been cleaned out. A lot of limestone flour spread around. I doubt that is done every day. During the winter I clean out once a day then once the daylight hours allow I clean out twice a day. I like George tend not to clean the nest boxes very often while rearing youngsters but because of the watery droppings I have been cleaning them twice a day.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Trev

A nice tidy set up and some good looking birds there, I do like using harkers loft treatment when I clean mine out, the Bamfords Respirozorb is good too. Unfortunately this time of year my loft does only get cleaned out once a week.
Murray

Yes, the man has been going to town with the floor dressing. :D :lol:
I am like Devo, I enjoy cleaning out the loft. My scraper is the most important tool in the shed. My nest boxes are the same size as a tabloid newspaper and I put paper in the boxes and replace it as required. Some of them are messy buggers and some of them are very clean.
I am lucky living here, the weather is usually warm and humidity is normally not too high so keeping the loft clean and dry is not hard.
Greetings from the land down under. :D
Trev

Murray wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:38 pm Yes, the man has been going to town with the floor dressing. :D :lol:
I am like Devo, I enjoy cleaning out the loft. My scraper is the most important tool in the shed. My nest boxes are the same size as a tabloid newspaper and I put paper in the boxes and replace it as required. Some of them are messy buggers and some of them are very clean.
I am lucky living here, the weather is usually warm and humidity is normally not too high so keeping the loft clean and dry is not hard.
I do enjoy cleaning the birds out, I find it therapeutic and it's a good way of watching the birds !! I would clean them out every day if I didn't have to go to work 😬😉 I'd have to do it by torch light at the moment lol 😂🤣