heads will roll

Talk about anything racing pigeon related here aslong as there isnt a section for it.
Buster121

Andy wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:42 pm It seems that we will have to pay up now. The extra above what has already been paid by 1st of May.
I don’t begrudge paying £35 a year really as it is still very cheap compared to a lot of other memberships. Gym membership, golf club membership, season tickets for your favourite football team etc. Even to join the national clubs, BICC £50, NFC £38.60, CSCFC £30, BBC £40. Cost of vet visits to fly the channel at around £60. The biggest problem is the way that it has been implemented. It seems that if you didn’t resign before the RPRA AGM you are liable to pay these fees. I think it’s wrong that given this charge being implemented after the AGM the RPRA aren’t giving members a chance to change partnerships or resign. Mind you changing a partnership isn’t straight forward. I can see a lot of partnerships changing and non flyers resigning but the majority will just continue.
It is being said to be a levy in which case it would be a one off payment. But of course next years subs will be agreed before the 1st November and will probably be at the higher rate.
Don't think none flyers have to resign they just don't renew membership unless I am wrong
George and Morgan

that's my thinking Steve as i have rings i need to pay the extra this year
Buster121

George and Morgan wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 8:56 pm that's my thinking Steve as i have rings i need to pay the extra this year
Rip off really is
Andy

Buster121 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 8:54 pm
Andy wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:42 pm It seems that we will have to pay up now. The extra above what has already been paid by 1st of May.
I don’t begrudge paying £35 a year really as it is still very cheap compared to a lot of other memberships. Gym membership, golf club membership, season tickets for your favourite football team etc. Even to join the national clubs, BICC £50, NFC £38.60, CSCFC £30, BBC £40. Cost of vet visits to fly the channel at around £60. The biggest problem is the way that it has been implemented. It seems that if you didn’t resign before the RPRA AGM you are liable to pay these fees. I think it’s wrong that given this charge being implemented after the AGM the RPRA aren’t giving members a chance to change partnerships or resign. Mind you changing a partnership isn’t straight forward. I can see a lot of partnerships changing and non flyers resigning but the majority will just continue.
It is being said to be a levy in which case it would be a one off payment. But of course next years subs will be agreed before the 1st November and will probably be at the higher rate.
Don't think none flyers have to resign they just don't renew membership unless I am wrong
No I think you’re right Buster. As an individual member, who I assume pays direct to your region and not through a club, won’t have to pay if you no longer want to be a member. By not paying all your benefits that come from being a RPRA member cease. You could rejoin next year if you wanted and pay what ever the subs are for next year. You wouldn’t have to back date any subs. Rules 32 & 33 cover this. I was secretary of a club and had to pay and submit the names of all members in the club. If a member had resigned or hadn’t paid their subs on time they would just cease being a member of the club and wouldn’t have their names submitted to the region. If you had already paid the original fee or were a member of a club that had paid on your behalf you would be due for the extra.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Buster121

Andy wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 9:55 pm
Buster121 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 8:54 pm
No I think you’re right Buster. As an individual member, who I assume pays direct to your region and not through a club, won’t have to pay if you no longer want to be a member. By not paying all your benefits that come from being a RPRA member cease. You could rejoin next year if you wanted and pay what ever the subs are for next year. You wouldn’t have to back date any subs. Rules 32 & 33 cover this. I was secretary of a club and had to pay and submit the names of all members in the club. If a member had resigned or hadn’t paid their subs on time they would just cease being a member of the club and wouldn’t have their names submitted to the region. If you had already paid the original fee or were a member of a club that had paid on your behalf you would be due for the extra.
one year I forgot to renew before end February and did it some time after and had to pay a late fee, I did try to pay this year and emailed both the RPRA and the regional who never responded I did email him several times using email address i had and the one supplied by the RPRA in there reply
George and Morgan

sorry can't agree with you Andy when you buy a gym or golf ticket you don't pay 3 different bodies like fanciers do you also would not expect just before you start it had gone up 100%
Devo1956

The RPRA needs to go back to the grass roots of the sport. Just handle membership and rings. They need to stop involvement in OLR and the shows, if there have been overspends and loses. It is quite clear things need to change.
Buster121

George and Morgan wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:25 am sorry can't agree with you Andy when you buy a gym or golf ticket you don't pay 3 different bodies like fanciers do you also would not expect just before you start it had gone up 100%
I did think the same George, George it has gone up over 100%