heads will roll

Talk about anything racing pigeon related here aslong as there isnt a section for it.
Trev

George and Morgan wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 5:40 pm anyone heard there is a 2nd meeting to-night
No I've not heard anything George !!
George and Morgan

subs to increase by £18 on 1st May is that correct
George and Morgan

this will be my last year as a member
Attachments
42849610.jpg
Buster121

Really is disgusting, what is this levy for George do you know
George and Morgan

rpra is about to go bankrupt
Andy

It seems that we will have to pay up now. The extra above what has already been paid by 1st of May.
I don’t begrudge paying £35 a year really as it is still very cheap compared to a lot of other memberships. Gym membership, golf club membership, season tickets for your favourite football team etc. Even to join the national clubs, BICC £50, NFC £38.60, CSCFC £30, BBC £40. Cost of vet visits to fly the channel at around £60. The biggest problem is the way that it has been implemented. It seems that if you didn’t resign before the RPRA AGM you are liable to pay these fees. I think it’s wrong that given this charge being implemented after the AGM the RPRA aren’t giving members a chance to change partnerships or resign. Mind you changing a partnership isn’t straight forward. I can see a lot of partnerships changing and non flyers resigning but the majority will just continue.
It is being said to be a levy in which case it would be a one off payment. But of course next years subs will be agreed before the 1st November and will probably be at the higher rate.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
George and Morgan

the point is Andy we don't have any say in the rpra all we get is rings
George and Morgan

can anyone get the link on pigeonchat what is wrong with rpra Ian Evan and Dan Sones-Brown
Andy

George and Morgan wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 5:04 pm the point is Andy we don't have any say in the rpra all we get is rings
I understand what you’re saying George. No we don’t have much say in the RPRA. As members of a club we have the right to elect delegates to go to federation/combine meetings to vote on our behalf and propose rule changes. This then moves from that level to regional level. The region delegates then go to RPRA meetings to vote as mandated to by us members. But how many clubs even have meetings or have delegates go to Fed meetings on behalf of their clubs. At a recent meeting of the WOESRC, our combine, only 10 members turned up and some clubs weren’t represented at all. The trouble is if it was left to members nothing at the top level would be done or agreed. Unfortunately as with any sport you need a governing body and rules to go with it. Without it we would have no sport. I know you say all you get is your rings but they do a lot more than just that. I do think that a lot needs looking into as far as where they are losing money. Things that used to make them lots of money no longer do. The Blackpool show, the BHW and the RPRA OLR for example. I think the whole things needs a good shake up but unfortunately with the people currently in control change is unlikely.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
George and Morgan

it all needs to be done online