heads will roll

Talk about anything racing pigeon related here aslong as there isnt a section for it.
Buster121

Murray wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 8:43 pm just looking at this it appears the sport is going to be in bother. If a large proportion of fanciers do not renew the RPRA membership it may not continue at all. Then what?
The worse part about it Murray a lot have paid already now they are going to have a debt for the rise, surely this cannot be legal to alter price after adreeing and taking payments, some of those who have paid may wish to not renew if knowm the price would rise and if they now choose to not pay will fall foul of all RPRA rules on debt and probably will not get money back for the payments already made, have not had a reply to my email doubt I will get one as he has never replied to any others I have ever sent must think it is beneath him
Murray

That is a very bad situation all round. I don't know that increasing fees and charges during a year is proper, it certainly isn't ethical, in my opinion. I would think that if someone was put on a defaulters list for failing to pay the extra after paying the fees, if they took that to court they would almost certainly win.
That is not really the point. The RPRA is not a company. It is a body owned by and existing to benefit fanciers and the pigeon sport generally. If the management start making these sorts of decisions with no consultation with the members, it has moved outside it's remit.
Greetings from the land down under. :D
George and Morgan

Thursdays meeting
Attachments
price_10.jpg
George and Morgan

Steve think it's Stan from pigeonchat who has taken over the west midlands job but is now thinking of packing it in
Buster121

George and Morgan wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 2:59 pm Steve think it's Stan from pigeonchat who has taken over the west midlands job but is now thinking of packing it in
Yes George I had emailed him as well but did see what he put on chat, had no reply from him either
George and Morgan

what's going on
Attachments
428661899_25230977919826619_2085510553681476539_n.jpg
Buster121

Are they for real, now you know where all the extra £18 of fees is going
Murray

Yep.
Greetings from the land down under. :D
Trev

I can see what you are saying and yes you are probably right but the way I see it is that they have obviously identified a problem within their set up and are taking steps to try and improve things !!! For the sake of the sport in the UK I hope they do get it sorted or we will all be in trouble !!
Even for the money they are talking about compared to other clubs/sports it is still pretty cheap really !! JMO 😉
George and Morgan

anyone heard there is a 2nd meeting to-night