heads will roll

Talk about anything racing pigeon related here aslong as there isnt a section for it.
Buster121

George and Morgan wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 7:36 pm am i reading this right it don't look short of cash to me
Far from it mate
George and Morgan

seems there may be another meeting
Murray

I am only looking at that one part of one page, but it looks very much like there is no money "missing" and if there is a loss it is an operating loss which can happen to any business or organisation.
Andy is someone who would understand this, having run a business for many years.
I'd like to see the full financial report.
Greetings from the land down under. :D
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for verily, he shall not be disappointed.
Andy

As you say Murray you would need to see the full accounts to see where the money is going, and coming from. The part we see there shows that they haven’t got as much money as they did the previous year but still a reasonably healthy figure. A lot of that is in assets. It’s the working capital that is the important thing. You can be asset rich but cash poor. It’s the cash that you need for the day to day running of any business. We own our shop and flat above freehold so have a good amount in assets. But we still have to make sure that we take enough money each day to pay all the bills plus keeping the shop stocked. We don’t get much of a wage ourselves. Not much more than £5 an hour for us lol.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
George and Morgan

statement now on rpra website
Buster121

Buster121 wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 1:01 pm
George and Morgan wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:59 pm did you join this year Steve
I emailed her yesterday but she not replied yet so no idea on cost
Had to contact RPRA as no reply from her it appears she has stepped down and someone else doing the West Midlands region, have emailed him just waiting for reply
Buster121

27 February 2024

At the recent council meeting held on 23rd February 2024, the balance sheet was discussed at length, and in particular the bottom line of the consolidated accounts for the RPRA and BHW, where it showed there were some brave decisions to be made in regards to the underfunding of the association.

To address this situation with the sole intention of preventing the RPRA descending any further from its current critical position, it was proposed and passed that each member (excluding junior members) would pay £30 for 2024 and £5 to their regions.

As the deadline for subscription payments to be made is the end of February, most of our members will have already paid £17 to their secretaries and regions. It clearly requires a well-considered plan to implement this decision and although no statement has been put out by the RPRA, social media has gone into overdrive and we are being put under increased pressure by those wanting to know how to implement the decision.

I do not wish to make a quick statement for the sake of appeasing social media – we need to make a carefully considered plan, and this will take a few days to digest properly. I would advise to continue as normal up to and including 29th February, and thereafter await further instructions which will allow more time to make the extra payment of £18.

It was also passed by the members that the Members Insurance be discontinued; as from 1st March all clubs etc will require to make their own arrangements for insurance cover.

Chris Sutton
CEO

For reference, the proposed Rule changes and the results of the voting may be seen below.
Buster121

After reading that I will not be renewing mine
Buster121

Have just fired email off to Chris Sutton see what happens
George and Morgan

i'm not joining next year i can still get rings