rpra meeting

Talk about anything racing pigeon related here aslong as there isnt a section for it.
George and Morgan

can't be right the £2 insurance has been scraped and replaced with a membership fee of £35 :lol: for this season
Buster121

George and Morgan wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:38 pm can't be right the £2 insurance has been scraped and replaced with a membership fee of £35 :lol: for this season
Bloody rip off anyway I think, you have to pay it but cannot claim if your clock is not in a clubs premises, is that club membership George or none flying members rate if so I will not be renewing mine this year was going to do this weekend as has to be done before end February or you get a fine
George and Morgan

will let you know Steve i'm not paying £70 for us
George and Morgan

had a email it's for his year local council member voted against it
Buster121

George and Morgan wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 1:34 am had a email it's for his year local council member voted against it
Disgusting really is, but that is how they are going to fill the financial holes think many will not pay it
Andy

This news is rubbish and being published by those that like to run the sport down. I’m not saying that this new figure hasn’t been agreed at the RPRA AGM. But it’s not what is being said.

RPRA RULE 37 states:

Alterations to Subscriptions

37. Any resolution affecting any alteration in the amount of annual subscription to the Association of a local region passed by an annual general meeting of the council shall take effect on 1 November following the date on which the annual general meeting is held.

So if this has been passed it won’t come into effect before next seasons fees are due. There is no way that they could ask to have this increase for this year when fees, passed at the previous AGM, were due from 1st November 23 till 30th February 24. I like a lot of people and clubs have already paid this years fees.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Trev

😟😟 Hmmmm I've not heard anything about this, our subscriptions have already been paid so I'm guessing if we will be informed if any more is owed !! I don't completely understand it, but unfortunately it sounds like a lot of non flying members could leave and those who struggle financially already.
George and Morgan

this is from someone who voted against it young members fee stays at £5 others pay £35 for this year there was a debate on non flying members but nothing come of it fee is now up from £17 to £35
Andy

George and Morgan wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 8:16 am this is from someone who voted against it young members fee stays at £5 others pay £35 for this year there was a debate on non flying members but nothing come of it fee is now up from £17 to £35
Yes probably right George but not for this coming season. These new fees will only apply subscriptions due after 1st November 2024 for the following season 2025.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
George and Morgan

sorry Andy i think you will find it's this year