Joining two hobbies

Talk about anything here. ( non pigeon related please)
Murray

As I mentioned, my other bad habit is model trains.
The Australian magazine, Narrow Gauge Down Under, offered a small 4 wheel flat car free to any readers who wanted to "kit bash" it into something.
So I did.
008.JPG
It's a mobile pigeon loft! :D
The idea came from the mobile lofts on busses and lorries during WW1. This has a different back story that I made up, but it marries up the trains with the pigeons neatly.
Greetings from the land down under. :D
Murray

It's a bit of fun while we are holidaying in Bealiba. As I said to Catherine, I am getting impatient to get the birds out to the new place and get them flying again.
The trains are good, but the pigeons are the main thing.
Buster121

Well done you looks great
Murray

Like all my modelling, the 6 foot rule applies. It looks great from 6 feet. :D :lol:
Andy

Looks great Murray. A cracking job. Have you got any date yet for your move into your new house?
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Trev

Murray wrote: ↑Tue Feb 20, 2024 5:12 am As I mentioned, my other bad habit is model trains.
The Australian magazine, Narrow Gauge Down Under, offered a small 4 wheel flat car free to any readers who wanted to "kit bash" it into something.
So I did. 008.JPG
The idea came from the mobile lofts on busses and lorries during WW1. This has a different back story that I made up, but it marries up the trains with the pigeons neatly.
Brilliant Muzza, I love it mateπŸ‘ I like the little grey Ferguson tractor too πŸ‘
Trev

Murray wrote: ↑Tue Feb 20, 2024 6:13 am Like all my modelling, the 6 foot rule applies. It looks great from 6 feet. :D :lol:
I'd make a model after all then πŸ‘πŸ€£πŸ˜‚
Murray

Trev wrote: ↑Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:51 am
Murray wrote: ↑Tue Feb 20, 2024 6:13 am Like all my modelling, the 6 foot rule applies. It looks great from 6 feet. :D :lol:
I'd make a model after all then πŸ‘πŸ€£πŸ˜‚
:D :lol:
Murray

Murray wrote: ↑Tue Feb 20, 2024 5:12 am As I mentioned, my other bad habit is model trains.
So I did. 008.JPG
Brilliant Muzza, I love it mateπŸ‘ I like the little grey Ferguson tractor too πŸ‘
It looks a bit like a grey Fergy, but it's actually a 1940's Duetz. It was the best I could find in 0 scale.
Andy

Murray wrote: ↑Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:53 am
So I did. 008.JPG
It looks a bit like a grey Fergy, but it's actually a 1940's Duetz. It was the best I could find in 0 scale.
We had an old grey Fergy T40 on the farm at Arundel when I worked for the Duke of Norfolk. It had the calf crate on the back and was used for moving calves around or getting them in from the fields when first born. We used to have to leave it on a slope though so that we could bump start lol. My eldest son started his driving of tractors on this when he was just 3 years old. I would go into the calving field and pick up a newly born calf. I would then point the tractor towards the gate way, put it on tick over and sit Shane in the tractor seat. With no power steering it didn’t move off line much but he would keep it straight. I would then walk behind with the calves mother following the tractor. As we got to the gate way I would jump back on the tractor just to get it through the gate. Not sure about health and safety though lol. πŸ˜‚
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.