Club AGM

Post your club / fed news in here.
Andy

We had our club AGM this morning. We had one resignation from a member who hasn’t raced for a while and no longer has any pigeons. But on the plus side we had 3 new members join our club. 2 of these 3 members were just outside our club radius but within the radius of the West of England South Road Combine. So we agreed to extend our radius to that of the combine. This continues to make us a very strong club. We have 18 members of which 6 are partnerships so a lot of individual members. 2 of the members are non flying though.
We are continuing to have the £10 nom each week paid out of club funds along with the weekly “guess the winning velocity” which always makes for a bit of fun.
We had a full discussion about the future of our club as far as the WOESRC is concerned following a combine meeting attended by a couple of our delegates. The race program set by the combine is a ridiculous one for our club, for me the longest race would be Brighton 102 miles. We are the largest club in the combine and send the most pigeons. On the clubs behalf a couple of our members have been looking at possible alternatives. They have been having talks with a newly formed club, the Three Counties Classic Racing Pigeon Club, consisting of clubs in Cornwall, Devon and Somerset. It sounds like they would be very interested in incorporating us but as it is newly formed, they have already had their AGM and at present we would be outside their radius they would be unable to let us join for this coming season. However they have agreed that they would be happy to convoy our pigeons for their longer races this coming season, which for me would be about 170 miles. If things go well and we were still interested they would look to extend their radius to include all our members. Our members are very interested in pursuing this. It would be good for me. Although I would still be one of the shortest members for me and a few of our other members it would mean that our birds wouldn’t be being dragged up to Swindon and Gloucester.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Murray

All that looks positive and promising, Andy.
It would be good to get some more distance for your birds. As it is your short races would be like tosses and you would have no chance of winning in your position.
I hope it all comes together for you.
Greetings from the land down under. :D
Buster121

Good to see some positivity coming hope all works out and you have some great racing
Devo1956

Sounds really good Andy, and a couple of new members even better. Good luck for your new season.
Trev

That's good news Andy, I'm glad you've found a good, strong club to fly with again and hopefully you will be able to get a few longer races too. I look forward to seeing how you get on this year with your widowhoods, it will just be good to see you getting pleasure out of racing again.
Ted

Andy the club I’m in the Litherland hs has a £5 blind no the secretary gets all the print outs and say I’ve sent 30 he says to a member pick a number 1 to 30 whatever number he picks that’s my nom it has been great because it’s not just the top flyers winning it gives everyone a chance Ted
Andy

Ted wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:39 pm Andy the club I’m in the Litherland hs has a £5 blind no the secretary gets all the print outs and say I’ve sent 30 he says to a member pick a number 1 to 30 whatever number he picks that’s my nom it has been great because it’s not just the top flyers winning it gives everyone a chance Ted
Sounds good Ted.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Trev

Ted wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:39 pm Andy the club I’m in the Litherland hs has a £5 blind no the secretary gets all the print outs and say I’ve sent 30 he says to a member pick a number 1 to 30 whatever number he picks that’s my nom it has been great because it’s not just the top flyers winning it gives everyone a chance Ted
That sounds a good idea too.