Starting to look like spring is coming.

Talk about anything racing pigeon related here aslong as there isnt a section for it.
Trev

Snow drops, crocuses and the first daffodils are in bloom, the buds on the trees and shrubs are swelling and at last the birds are starting to take an interest in one and other.
I've now got a bit of competition for the few empty boxes I have and I've dotted a few nest bowls around as more birds are pairing up and looking to nest wherever they can find a suitable spot. I've got several pairs now on eggs although I won't be keeping as many as usual as I want to focus more on these new cock birds this year, I'm still waiting for one of these pairs to go down and unfortunately another hen only laid one egg. I'll be taking the eggs away from those who have laid in a couple of days so they can go down again for their second round.
Buster121

Nothing open here yet apart from a bush that flowers 2/3 times per year the daffs etc will probable be few weeks yet, well done on eggs and birds mate
Devo1956

There is already a bit of growth in back garden, lawn looking good.
Attachments
thumbnail (54).jpeg
Buster121

Devo1956 wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 12:17 pm There is already a bit of growth in back garden, lawn looking good.
Isn't it just
Andy

We had snowdrops out a few weeks ago now. Crocuses have come out over the past week along with some primroses. Our daffodils are in bud but there are some early varieties in the verges around town that were in full flower just after Christmas. Certainly a lot of new growth on lots of the shrubs.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Murray

Roll on spring then!
At this end you can tell that the days are just drawing in a little bit.
Greetings from the land down under. :D
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for verily, he shall not be disappointed.
Murray

And, quick as that, the pigeons are going into the moult. One or two looking a bit rough around the face......
Greetings from the land down under. :D
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for verily, he shall not be disappointed.
Trev

Murray wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:43 pm Roll on spring then!
At this end you can tell that the days are just drawing in a little bit.
Our days are certainly heading the other way, I'm actually getting home in day light most days now so will be able to go back to feeding twice a day again soon 👍😁
Andy

I have just started being able to do a bit in the loft after work. I shut the shop at 5pm and on a decent day it’s light for a while after that. It is a bit dark sometimes on a dull day. I am also managing to let the birds out for a short period while I clean out in the mornings before work.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Buster121

Got a couple daffs starting to try and flower now