ETS checked and ready

Talk about anything racing pigeon related here aslong as there isnt a section for it.
Trev

I have spent a fair bit of time down the garden this weekend as time is ticking by and the new season fast approaching. Now the birds are paired up and most are on eggs they are back on an open loft, until the clocks change I am only able to clean them out at the weekends so it's a bit time consuming although I do find it satisfying and strangely therapeutic. After cleaning them out yesterday I decided to check out the ETS, the pads have been left in situ all winter as it's a bit of a performance taking them in and out. I have no mains power in the loft so have to run the ETS off a 12volt leisure battery, I connected it all up but only 3 of my 4 pads were registering so I had to disconnect them all to find out which pad was out. By the process of elimination I managed to find the one not working, they were a bit grubby but nothing appeared to be obviously wrong with it. I gave them all a good clean and sprayed each connection with WD40, cleaned out the trays they sit in and put everything back together again, I started the system up again and thankfully all 4 were now registered ok. Having done this I left it running and flashed a few rings over each pad and to start with it seemed a bit hit and miss with some rings not registering at all 🤔😕 I then got some soapy water and washed the landing boards as they too had a bit of winter debris built up on them, having done that it did seem to be more responsive.
Today I decided to set the system running and left it running all afternoon while the birds were out and all of the rings have registered ok so it looks like that is all set to go 👍😀
Andy

Well done Trev. I must run mine to see if it all works. I have a few later bred youngsters from last year that haven’t got ETS rings on yet and a couple that need changing as I had them down as the wrong sex.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
George and Morgan

well done Trev that's good news
Trev

Andy wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 6:18 pm Well done Trev. I must run mine to see if it all works. I have a few later bred youngsters from last year that haven’t got ETS rings on yet and a couple that need changing as I had them down as the wrong sex.
I hadn't even thought about it until yesterday Andy but I'm glad I did now 😀👍
I also have a few late breds that need their rings on plus these birds I am trying to break. The late breds I really wanted to give a couple of trainers before I put rings on and as things stand I probably won't try to race these birds from Roy, Laurie or Brian. Our club Secretary has already updated every members ETS to remove any birds they no longer have, add any new ones and change any sexes.