Garlic bulbs

Want to know anything about feeding or the health of your birds post it here.
Buster121

Do folks who put garlic bulbs in the water peel them first or just throw it all in
Andy

I take a few cloves of garlic. Strip off the outer skin and drop them into a 4 litre milk bottle. I then fill with water and leave to stand. I use this to fill the drinkers using just this water. After emptying the bottle I leave the cloves in the bottle and fill it back up ready for the next water change. The water does get a bit stronger after a while and the garlic cloves do start to sprout a green shoot. When I think it’s starting to get a bit strong I throw the cloves away and just give the birds fresh water for a while before starting the process again. I always fill the bottle straight after using it and leaving it to stand at room temperature whether anything in it or not.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Trev

I don't use it anymore as I've started using Apple cider vinegar which has added garlic, but when I did as Andy I used to break off a clove or two, strip the outer dry skins off and just drop it in a 2.5ltr can of water. Unlike Andy though I used to only use about half of this in their daily water and top the drinkers up with fresh water. I have to say though that whatever I've put in my water the birds are never particularly keen on it and as soon as they are allowed out of the loft will try get a drink from anywhere they can.
I think this is always evident on basketing nights at the club, I'm sure half the birds never see plain water, as soon as we put the water on the baskets the birds rush for it as if they've not drunk for weeks !!!
Buster121

I used to put couple cloves peeled and pricked in drinkers, but every time you empty they go down the drain if not careful and was going to try bulbs not used any garlic at all for couple years now
Murray

I take one decent sized clove, peel it and bash it hard with the flat of a knife. Put it in a bottle of water for a few hours then strain it out. I add a tablespoon of cider vinegar and dilute to 3 litres of solution.
I put that in the drinkers for the day a couple or three times a week. After about 12 hours I tip it out and rinse the drinkers as it really starts to stink.
Greetings from the land down under. :D
Trev

Murray wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 8:33 pm I take one decent sized clove, peel it and bash it hard with the flat of a knife. Put it in a bottle of water for a few hours then strain it out. I add a tablespoon of cider vinegar and dilute to 3 litres of solution.
I put that in the drinkers for the day a couple or three times a week. After about 12 hours I tip it out and rinse the drinkers as it really starts to stink.
That's what I love about this sport, every one does things slightly differently 👍😁