Fresh garlic

Want to know anything about feeding or the health of your birds post it here.
Murray

I do like to give my pigeons garlic. I find they have very few health issues if they have garlic and apple cider vinegar once a week, in the water.
We had some garlic in the bottom drawer starting to shoot a while ago. Just for fun I planted it in a tub. That worked.
I 'harvested' some small cloves of garlic. They aren't much to look at. But boy! do they have some punch! :shock:
Today I crushed a couple of small cloves and put it in the water. When the birds had a drink it put them back on their heels. :lol:

If you want to use garlic, and I do suggest you should, plant some cloves that have started to shoot. It's easy to grow in a tub, and the fresh garlic is many times more potent than old stuff that is dry and has lost most of it's value.

I just planted some more today. :)
Greetings from the land down under. :D
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for verily, he shall not be disappointed.
Trev

Good post and good advice Muzza 👍 I've never grown Garlic myself as personally I don't particularly like it. I have always given it to the birds in different ways, I've used garlic powder, I've had cloves left in the water bowls and I have had a 2ltr bottle of water with garlic in it that I dilute each weekend and put in the birds drinking water two to three times a week. The later is how I'm using it at the moment but I'm obviously doing something wrong as the birds really don't want to drink it, I put it in their drinkers today and gave the birds some treats and left the loft open, some of the birds went to the drinkers but soon left them and went outside to the bird bath and drank that instead !!! I'll have to dilute it some more I think 🤔🤔
Andy

I have always used garlic but never tried growing it. I have it in the drinkers.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.