Not too good.

Talk about anything here. ( non pigeon related please)
Devo1956

After my visit to my consultant, it is very clear i will not be able to take part in the sport. So things have took a turn on my health, so my plans for website and buying of any birds. Have all gone out the window, time to call it a day, even my trip to Germany i will have to cancel. The medication and side effects wont let it happen. Feeling so weak at present among other problems. Thank you to all the members.
Trev

Devo1956 wrote: ↑Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:02 am After my visit to my consultant, it is very clear i will not be able to take part in the sport. So things have took a turn on my health, so my plans for website and buying of any birds. Have all gone out the window, time to call it a day, even my trip to Germany i will have to cancel. The medication and side effects wont let it happen. Feeling so weak at present among other problems. Thank you to all the members.
So sorry to hear that news mate πŸ˜” I'm absolutely gutted for you πŸ˜ͺ
So what is the treatment suggested and what is the prognosis ?? Keep smiling my friend and take one day at time, keep chatting mate we are all here for you.
All the very best
George and Morgan

sorry to hear that Dev lets hope something is found to help you
Andy

Sorry to hear that Devo. That is such a shame after you had got so much enthusiasm back. Look after yourself mate and keep in touch.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Buster121

So sorry to see this mate, sorry to see your plans go out the window really gutting after all the work and plans you made is all I can say except to say I hope your health improves and they find a suitable treatment, and stay on site mate as I am sure taking part is better than nothing
Devo1956

Trev wrote: ↑Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:09 am
Devo1956 wrote: ↑Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:02 am After my visit to my consultant, it is very clear i will not be able to take part in the sport. So things have took a turn on my health, so my plans for website and buying of any birds. Have all gone out the window, time to call it a day, even my trip to Germany i will have to cancel. The medication and side effects wont let it happen. Feeling so weak at present among other problems. Thank you to all the members.
So what is the treatment suggested and what is the prognosis ?? Keep smiling my friend and take one day at time, keep chatting mate we are all here for you.
All the very best
After speaking to the Consultant, it was agreed for me to stay on Nintedanib medication. I am on my 4th month of taking this medication. but to be honest it is taking its effect.
Check with your doctor right away if you have pain or tenderness in the upper stomach, pale stools, dark urine, loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting, or yellow eyes or skin. These could be symptoms of a serious liver problem.

This medicine may cause stomach or bowel problems, including nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea, and in some cases it can be severe. Do not take any medicines without first checking with your doctor. If mild nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea continues or gets worse, check with your doctor right away.

This medicine may increase your risk of bleeding, or your risk of having a heart attack or stroke. Check with your doctor right away if you have chest pain or discomfort, dizziness, headache, nausea or vomiting, pain or discomfort in the arms, jaw, back, or neck, sweating, trouble breathing, or unusual bleeding or bruising.

This medicine may cause a tear (perforation) in your stomach or bowels. Check with your doctor right away if you have severe stomach pain that does not go away or blood in the stool.

Check with your doctor right away i

I am really not sure what next.
Devo1956

Devo1956 wrote: ↑Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:40 pm
All the very best
After speaking to the Consultant, it was agreed for me to stay on Nintedanib medication. I am on my 4th month of taking this medication. but to be honest it is taking its effect.
Check with your doctor right away if you have pain or tenderness in the upper stomach, pale stools, dark urine, loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting, or yellow eyes or skin. These could be symptoms of a serious liver problem.

This medicine may cause stomach or bowel problems, including nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea, and in some cases it can be severe. Do not take any medicines without first checking with your doctor. If mild nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea continues or gets worse, check with your doctor right away.

This medicine may increase your risk of bleeding, or your risk of having a heart attack or stroke. Check with your doctor right away if you have chest pain or discomfort, dizziness, headache, nausea or vomiting, pain or discomfort in the arms, jaw, back, or neck, sweating, trouble breathing, or unusual bleeding or bruising.

This medicine may cause a tear (perforation) in your stomach or bowels. Check with your doctor right away if you have severe stomach pain that does not go away or blood in the stool.

Nintedanib is used to treat idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis. It helps prevent changes to the lung tissue. It is also used to treat people with a chronic (long-lasting) interstitial lung disease in which lung fibrosis continues to progress or becomes worse. This medicine is also used to slow the rate of decline in lung function in people with systemic sclerosis-associated interstitial lung disease. Nintedanib belongs to the group of drugs called tyrosine kinase inhibitors.
Trev

Devo1956 wrote: ↑Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:51 pm

All the very best

Nintedanib is used to treat idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis. It helps prevent changes to the lung tissue. It is also used to treat people with a chronic (long-lasting) interstitial lung disease in which lung fibrosis continues to progress or becomes worse. This medicine is also used to slow the rate of decline in lung function in people with systemic sclerosis-associated interstitial lung disease. Nintedanib belongs to the group of drugs called tyrosine kinase inhibitors.
Well if it works mate I guess it's worth taking, unless the side effects out weigh the benefits of it that is, in that case I'd have to seriously look at the alternatives and decide if that would be better πŸ€”πŸ€”

I've got a scan on my liver tomorrow as my Gamma GT levels are still too high, been off the drink for 14 weeks now. The levels came right down initially so I was able to have my surgery but then they went up again πŸ˜• they are down a bit again now but still not back within the normal range.
Devo1956

Trev wrote: ↑Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:39 pm
Devo1956 wrote: ↑Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:51 pm

Well if it works mate I guess it's worth taking, unless the side effects out weigh the benefits of it that is, in that case I'd have to seriously look at the alternatives and decide if that would be better πŸ€”πŸ€”

I've got a scan on my liver tomorrow as my Gamma GT levels are still too high, been off the drink for 14 weeks now. The levels came right down initially so I was able to have my surgery but then they went up again πŸ˜• they are down a bit again now but still not back within the normal range.
I hope all goes well for you Trev, I guess it's testing time for a few of us. Take care mate, hope to hear some good news from you.
Trev

Could you not still continue with your plan of entering the one loft races mate ??
I get that having birds your self is looking like being a no go, as is going on loft visits, but could you not continue with your website plan and your search for birds online ??
You still have a lot of experience and knowledge to share mate so I hope you can continue to get some pleasure from doing that for now πŸ‘πŸ€—