Waterproof at last.

Talk about anything here. ( non pigeon related please)
Trev

Having enlisted the help of our younger brother to try and get my roof sorted it still didn't quite to plan. I was prepared to pay him and his work mate to get it done as I just wasn't getting round to it, however he didn't want to charge me for it so decided to fit it in when he could. Between us we decided to board the roof and fibreglass it, sadly the weather has been against us all winter. I of course have been useless due to my hernia and subsequent operation but Rob did get the old roof off back in November but the weather prevented us from getting on with the fibreglass so we just covered it with a Tarpaulin. We did get the opportunity just before Christmas to get the first stage of the fibreglass done but due to the cold it took longer to cure than it should have done, so again we were unable to finish it, so it was covered once again. With the temperature finally rising and the rain staying away last weekend we were finally able to get the top coat on πŸ‘πŸ˜ again due to the temperature it took longer to cure but I eventually go. We will probably give it another coat later in the year once its warmer, forbut now I do have a decent roof and dry loft πŸ˜πŸ€— All being well the birds will be going out for the first time since October in the next couple of days, I'm expecting a few problems as they won't like the new roof, I've just got to hope it doesn't upset them too much. πŸ€žπŸ™πŸ™
Andy

Glad you got it done in the end. They should be fine Trev. The drop board itself is still the same isn’t it?
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Devo1956

Well done Trev, and it's good to hear your younger brother gave a hand.. I hope the birds settle well when flying out, and your breeding goes well. It will soon be racing time, so good luck moving forward mate.
George and Morgan

well done Trev i know what it's like when the roof has small leaks
Murray

That is great news Trev. Excellent.
It has been a major project, trying to do fibreglass in the middle of winter, but you got there!
The birds won't care, one or two might take a second look, but most of them won't even notice :D
Greetings from the land down under. :D
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for verily, he shall not be disappointed.
Buster121

Good news mate and well done to your brother and friend for there help, birds should be ok just got to watch for them sliding about, still got to get around to mine
Trev

Thanks all πŸ‘ I'll let you know how it goes 😁
Trev

Murray wrote: ↑Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:49 pm That is great news Trev. Excellent.
It has been a major project, trying to do fibreglass in the middle of winter, but you got there!
The birds won't care, one or two might take a second look, but most of them won't even notice :D
Yes mate it wasn't the best time of year to be doing it πŸ˜¬πŸ˜• We have since found out that they do a winter activator for it, you'd think the supplier's would tell you that when you buy the stuff wouldn't you, especially when we brought it in the winter πŸ€”πŸ˜•πŸ˜¬πŸ˜‚
Murray

Yes, that is a bit off. Pretty poor service.
I have a mate who is a concretor. He tells me that they add "drugs" to the concrete to slow it down when the weather is hot, and make it go off quicker when it's cold and wet. I am not surprised they can do the same thing with the resin.
Greetings from the land down under. :D
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for verily, he shall not be disappointed.
Buster121

How was it actually done Trev as may have a look to see if I can do it instead of felt