First egg from the new cocks

Talk about anything racing pigeon related here aslong as there isnt a section for it.
Trev

I had my first egg this evening from one of the 4 new stock cocks, hopefully the others won't be far behind. I wasn't originally going to keep these first ones but am now thinking I might, I'll see how close together the others lay first and will then decide.
Buster121

Trev wrote: ↑Mon Jan 29, 2024 8:11 pm I had my first egg this evening from one of the 4 new stock cocks, hopefully the others won't be far behind. I wasn't originally going to keep these first ones but am now thinking I might, I'll see how close together the others lay first and will then decide.
Good to see, hope others follow
Andy

That’s good then Trev. I think I would keep them if mine. The trouble is if you want 2 or 3 rounds from them you will struggle to get the later ones raced.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Murray

I agree with Andy.
If the plan is to improve the team, you need to keep every baby you can get out of them.
Greetings from the land down under. :D
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for verily, he shall not be disappointed.
Trev

Thanks guys πŸ‘
You are right I do need to keep what I can from these birds, I just need to be careful I don't end up with too many youngsters again and also need to be aware of the hawks with having early babies.
Devo1956

All the best Trev, hope all goes well and you breed a nice team of youngsters.
Trev

Devo1956 wrote: ↑Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:00 am All the best Trev, hope all goes well and you breed a nice team of youngsters.
🀞🀞 we can but hope Dev πŸ˜‰
Trev

I was in my small shed yesterday feeding the stock birds and found an empty egg shell on the floor, I knew my 2 pairs of Des Coulter birds were sitting eggs but was convinced they were plastic ones πŸ˜¬πŸ˜• I've only got about 5 pairs on eggs and still managed to miss some lol πŸ˜‚πŸ€£ I don't mind having them I just didn't want them this early, this poor pair will have to run the gauntlet of 60+ old birds on their own when I wean them, I hope they are big strong birds πŸ€žπŸ™πŸ˜
Buster121

Trev wrote: ↑Thu Feb 01, 2024 11:45 am I was in my small shed yesterday feeding the stock birds and found an empty egg shell on the floor, I knew my 2 pairs of Des Coulter birds were sitting eggs but was convinced they were plastic ones πŸ˜¬πŸ˜• I've only got about 5 pairs on eggs and still managed to miss some lol πŸ˜‚πŸ€£ I don't mind having them I just didn't want them this early, this poor pair will have to run the gauntlet of 60+ old birds on their own when I wean them, I hope they are big strong birds πŸ€žπŸ™πŸ˜
They will be winners for sure Trev
Trev

Buster121 wrote: ↑Thu Feb 01, 2024 11:53 am
Trev wrote: ↑Thu Feb 01, 2024 11:45 am I was in my small shed yesterday feeding the stock birds and found an empty egg shell on the floor, I knew my 2 pairs of Des Coulter birds were sitting eggs but was convinced they were plastic ones πŸ˜¬πŸ˜• I've only got about 5 pairs on eggs and still managed to miss some lol πŸ˜‚πŸ€£ I don't mind having them I just didn't want them this early, this poor pair will have to run the gauntlet of 60+ old birds on their own when I wean them, I hope they are big strong birds πŸ€žπŸ™πŸ˜
They will be winners for sure Trev
πŸ€žπŸ™πŸ€ž