some do some don't

Talk about anything here. ( non pigeon related please)
Devo1956

I am not one for nest on the floor, for the safety of the youngsters. I would rather the birds breed in a box,
Trev

George and Morgan wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:33 am put a small bit of wood up yesterday morning hen and egg this morning nest boxes really are going to waste even got a pair nesting in a bin
I'm a believer of keeping it natural mate, if they are happy nesting where they are then don't stress just leave them to it 😁👍 Yes I've got nest boxes which the majority do use but I've got nest bowls on top of the perches, in various places on the floor, in the aviary fronts and I've even had nest bowls in the box perches. The only thing you need to watch with pairs on the floor is that they don't stop the other birds from eating and drinking, if I had one like that then I'd try to get them in a high box.
Good luck with them mate, I'm sure they'll be fine 👍😁
Trev

Andy wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 5:25 pm Not sure why they wouldn’t use the nest boxes George. I have had the odd ones nest on the floor but usually because they have youngsters still in the nest from a previous round.
I usually put a second nest bowl in each nest box once the babies reach a couple of weeks old to try and prevent the parents nesting somewhere else or kicking their babies out.
Murray

I obviously prefer to see them in the boxes, but plenty of healthy babies have been raised behind doors, in corners, on shelves, everywhere.
I don't loose any sleep over it. :D
Greetings from the land down under. :D
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for verily, he shall not be disappointed.