The magic of the FA cup

Talk about anything here. ( non pigeon related please)
Trev

Well done to Maidstone United of the National league South division who today beat Ipswich Town who are currently 2nd in the Championship, 4 divisions above them.
This really does show the magic of this competition, Maidstone defended for their lives for most of game soaking up 38 shots and conceded 1, they had a total of 2 shots on target and scored them both ๐Ÿ˜ What a day for them ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
George and Morgan

good win looking forward for to-days matches
Buster121

Well done indeed, I did see the goals on the news and they were good especially the second one
Murray

Trev wrote: โ†‘Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:01 pm Well done to Maidstone United of the National league South division who today beat Ipswich Town who are currently 2nd in the Championship, 4 divisions above them.
This really does show the magic of this competition, Maidstone defended for their lives for most of game soaking up 38 shots and conceded 1, they had a total of 2 shots on target and scored them both ๐Ÿ˜ What a day for them ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
Yep, I had a look, a huge result for them, well done to everyone at the club!
Football is a bit of a touchy thing here. Lots of migrants from the northern hemisphere are wild about it. And the fans get a bit wild. It gets out of control when one cultural group comes up against another.
Most Aussies hate it.
You are either a rugby league fan, or an Aussie rules fan.
Greetings from the land down under. :D
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for verily, he shall not be disappointed.
Andy

Yes a great result for Maidstone. By interesting to see who they get in the next round. I see their goalkeeper is already hoping to get a call from a championship side. That is the trouble for these low ranked clubs. Most of their players are semi professional and have day jobs. Whilst good for some of the players that get snapped up by bigger clubs it doesnโ€™t really help the minnows in the long run when they lose their best players. A good pay day for the club though. A club that went under a few seasons ago.
It was the same for Brighton for a few years. They brought in great young talent that were then taken by the top clubs. Fortunately at present they are in among the top club although I have heard that Liverpool are looking at their manager when Klopp goes at the end of the season. Theyโ€™re being told hands off at the moment.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Trev

George and Morgan wrote: โ†‘Sun Jan 28, 2024 5:58 am good win looking forward for to-days matches
Yes George, a massive day for Newport County of league 2 today who welcome Manchester United, what a day for those players and supporters ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜

It's a shame that stupid supporters have stained the weekend at the match between West Brom and Wolves this morning ๐Ÿ˜ก๐Ÿคฌ๐Ÿคฌ
Trev

Andy wrote: โ†‘Sun Jan 28, 2024 9:29 am Yes a great result for Maidstone. By interesting to see who they get in the next round. I see their goalkeeper is already hoping to get a call from a championship side. That is the trouble for these low ranked clubs. Most of their players are semi professional and have day jobs. Whilst good for some of the players that get snapped up by bigger clubs it doesnโ€™t really help the minnows in the long run when they lose their best players. A good pay day for the club though. A club that went under a few seasons ago.
It was the same for Brighton for a few years. They brought in great young talent that were then taken by the top clubs. Fortunately at present they are in among the top club although I have heard that Liverpool are looking at their manager when Klopp goes at the end of the season. Theyโ€™re being told hands off at the moment.
Yes it will be a massive blow for Brighton if they lose their manager, they have had a fantastic couple of seasons.
I see the Barcelona boss has announced he will be leaving them at the end of the season too !! Maybe he'll be heading for the premier league ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”
Buster121

And now we have the other end WBA v Wolves what a disgrace they should make them play behind closed doors for a while
Trev

Buster121 wrote: โ†‘Sun Jan 28, 2024 5:03 pm And now we have the other end WBA v Wolves what a disgrace they should make them play behind closed doors for a while
Yes that was disgusting, one of the nice things about this cup is that for many supporters it's a family day out so there are often more children there. These so called supporters should get life time bans once they are identified ๐Ÿ˜ก๐Ÿคฌ๐Ÿคฌ
Trev

Well done to Newport county who put up a brave fight bit were ultimately out classed, a brilliant experience for their supporters nevertheless.