A bit of a dilemma

Talk about anything racing pigeon related here aslong as there isnt a section for it.
Buster121

Trev wrote: ↑Fri Jan 19, 2024 9:47 pm It's been a successful day, I've got 3 out of the 4 pairs coming out of their boxes now πŸ‘πŸ˜ The fourth pair still weren't showing any interest in each other and the hen has been looking more like a cock today so I decided to select a different mate. After going through several options I settled on a little late bred grizzle out of my 2nd Club Perth bird crossed with his Daughter who also flew Perth. He is a 6 year old Crammond/Langstaff pigeon, I didn't start racing him until he was 3 in which time he has been pretty consistent over all distances as has his Daughter (the Dam) who is now a 4 year old, they are both South Road pigeons turned North.
Funny how some birds just click as these two clicked immediately so hopefully I will get them out tomorrow as well.
Hope all goes well mate
Trev

Buster121 wrote: ↑Fri Jan 19, 2024 9:56 pm
Trev wrote: ↑Fri Jan 19, 2024 9:47 pm It's been a successful day, I've got 3 out of the 4 pairs coming out of their boxes now πŸ‘πŸ˜ The fourth pair still weren't showing any interest in each other and the hen has been looking more like a cock today so I decided to select a different mate. After going through several options I settled on a little late bred grizzle out of my 2nd Club Perth bird crossed with his Daughter who also flew Perth. He is a 6 year old Crammond/Langstaff pigeon, I didn't start racing him until he was 3 in which time he has been pretty consistent over all distances as has his Daughter (the Dam) who is now a 4 year old, they are both South Road pigeons turned North.
Funny how some birds just click as these two clicked immediately so hopefully I will get them out tomorrow as well.
Hope all goes well mate
Cheers mate πŸ‘πŸ˜ I did look at the two Late breds from your pied hen but I think they are both cocks, lovely birds though πŸ‘ I'll try to get some pics of them for you.
Buster121

OK mate thanks
Trev

Well I've managed to get the last pair out today which I'm very pleased about πŸ‘πŸ˜
Why is it though that you always get one Cock bird who insists on taking over two nest boxes 😑🀬😑 So unfortunately I've had to shut that pair back in for now until the others are a bit more confident and willing to fight for their boxes, hopefully it won't take too long 🀞🀞
Buster121

Trev wrote: ↑Sat Jan 20, 2024 6:14 pm Well I've managed to get the last pair out today which I'm very pleased about πŸ‘πŸ˜
Why is it though that you always get one Cock bird who insists on taking over two nest boxes 😑🀬😑 So unfortunately I've had to shut that pair back in for now until the others are a bit more confident and willing to fight for their boxes, hopefully it won't take too long 🀞🀞
Going really well Trev, good luck
Andy

Trev wrote: ↑Sat Jan 20, 2024 6:14 pm Well I've managed to get the last pair out today which I'm very pleased about πŸ‘πŸ˜
It is annoying when they do that. Considering the cocks have only just gone into that section they have done well. Hopefully by just switching the pairs out around they will soon settle, especially once the cocks start driving.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
George and Morgan

found Andy if cock is shut in the nest box for a short time with a toy like this they don't go back in the box
Attachments
P1010828.JPG
Andy

George and Morgan wrote: ↑Sat Jan 20, 2024 9:40 pm found Andy if cock is shut in the nest box for a short time with a toy like this they don't go back in the box
Good tip George. πŸ‘
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Trev

George and Morgan wrote: ↑Sat Jan 20, 2024 9:40 pm found Andy if cock is shut in the nest box for a short time with a toy like this they don't go back in the box
Not heard that one before mate, I'll give it a go if he becomes a real problem πŸ‘πŸ˜
Trev

Andy wrote: ↑Sat Jan 20, 2024 8:00 pm
It is annoying when they do that. Considering the cocks have only just gone into that section they have done well. Hopefully by just switching the pairs out around they will soon settle, especially once the cocks start driving.
Yes Andy I'm surprised how quickly they've settled really, especially as one of the hens is only a late bred !! I know Alan's cocks hadn't seen a hen since October but mine have all been mixed together and haven't really shown any interest in pairing up to now. As I say I probably won't keep this round of eggs, I'll decide that once they've laid.