A few eggs now

Post your topics on breeding or family of pigeons here.
Andy

I paired up a couple of weeks ago now. They have been a bit slower than I would have liked to go down I think partly because the hens were a bit fat mainly because of all the sunflower hearts they keep get given by Roxanna lol. I had the first hen lay 5 days ago. 2 more 3 days ago, 3 yesterday and 4 more today, including the 7 year old grizzle hen from George and a 10 year old hen from Rich. This 10 year old lays regularly. She is the dam of my best old bird from last year. I have 4 more widowhood hens left to lay. They have paired fine and nesting so don’t think they’ll be long. I’m not to worried about the difference in laying at this time. It just means that some hens will be removed a bit before some of the others. Still aiming to take them away when the youngsters are 14 days old. When they are repaired in March because they will be going back to the same hens I would hope they all lay within 2 days of each other.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
George and Morgan

i have no eggs yet few hens sitting in the nest
Buster121

Going ok then Andy, I have had a steady stream of eggs as I never split mine
Murray

I pulled all mine out of the lofts 6 days ago, and put them all in a big old chook shed. I had a couple of sleepless nights. :cry:
Guess what? I thew a couple of eggs away today, and there's pigeons building nests in every corner and crevice :lol:
They are very happy, and I bet I could wean a round of 30 youngsters in 7 weeks from today.
I also reckon I could have the whole lot out and flying, well, any time I wanted to. I go in the shed, and there's birds sitting all over me. :D
Greetings from the land down under. :D
Buster121

Murray wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:03 am I pulled all mine out of the lofts 6 days ago, and put them all in a big old chook shed. I had a couple of sleepless nights. :cry:
Guess what? I thew a couple of eggs away today, and there's pigeons building nests in every corner and crevice :lol:
They are very happy, and I bet I could wean a round of 30 youngsters in 7 weeks from today.
I also reckon I could have the whole lot out and flying, well, any time I wanted to. I go in the shed, and there's birds sitting all over me. :D
Good they settling well Murray
Andy

Good to see they have settled well. Hopefully they will when you get to your new house.
Will you be trying to break them once settled?
Murray

Yep, they will be out flying when we move to St Arnaud.
Greetings from the land down under. :D
Devo1956

Murray wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 9:21 pm Yep, they will be out flying when we move to St Arnaud.
Good to hear Murray, i hope all goes well for you.
Andy

Murray wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 9:21 pm Yep, they will be out flying when we move to St Arnaud.
Hope all goes well Murray.
Trev

Murray wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:03 am I pulled all mine out of the lofts 6 days ago, and put them all in a big old chook shed. I had a couple of sleepless nights. :cry:
Great to hear Muzza 👍😁 I'm pleased they are all settled down nicely mate.