Life in Bealiba.

Talk about anything here. ( non pigeon related please)
Devo1956

Murray wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:59 pm I went into Bendigo to the club meeting. While there I picked up a couple of bags of beautiful Safflower for $1 (about 52p) a kilo. Bargain!
That sounds like a very good price Murray, Cheap bags here £3.00 on the market.
Murray

Yes you can pay $5 to $6 a kilo for it here retail. Last year We were getting it cheaper at about $3.30 from a place out in the country who was doing us a good deal for club members.
$1.00 is an absolute bargain.
Greetings from the land down under. :D
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for verily, he shall not be disappointed.
Murray

The Cockys sitting in the big gum tree waiting for someone to throw them some sunflower seeds.
It didn't take them long to figure that one out :lol:
Attachments
001.JPG
Buster121

Would love to be there amongst all the wildlife
Andy

Great seeing all your wildlife Murray. We struggle to get many small birds in our gardens now with so many BOPS around, and they keep introducing more. 😡😡
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Devo1956

Great photo Murray, gives a new life being in places like that.
Murray

The blokes finally came back to install the new pole across the street. So we decided to go for a drive to Ararat, a town of 7000 people a bit over an hour west of here. We have driven through it on occasions, we know were the service stations and toilets are :D
It's a busy town, servicing a big agricultural area. We had lunch at the aptly named Ararat Hotel, recently revamped and under new ownership. Excellent meal
Ararat was an important point on the western line to South Australia in the steam days. It is about 120 miles from Melbourne and climbs all the way. When trains reached Ararat the steam locos were out of coal and water from working uphill, and the engine men were due to change. "Ararat Loco" was a major rail centre with a huge roundhouse and acres of sidings. Nearly all gone now.
On the way there we saw yet more of the environmental vandalism and political chicanery that is the 'Climate Change" agenda.
It was a still day, and on all the hills in the central highlands there are hundreds and hundreds of windmills. Billions of dollars invested. Tens of billions.
And not an amp of power coming out of them. None of them turned even once when we were on our way there, none of them was turning on the way back. Nothing.
014.JPG
010.JPG
017.JPG
I was so angry that Catherine made me promise not to rip the steering wheel off! :lol:
Murray

We got home, we had had a great day out together, spent a little money on bits and pieces, had a lovely meal, and just do what we do now. Enjoy being retired.
The pole was up over the street, but they were waiting for a second bloke to certify and sign it off, so the electricity was still off. No worries, it was hot, but not that hot, and although we didn't want to open the fridge or freezer to put the couple of fresh things we had picked up away, they were on ice, and I had a cold beer.
Then the bloke came over and told me it was all finished, and thanked us for being so understanding. Your power is back on now, he said.
I forced a smile. It isn't his fault. We have a brand new pole! :D
But there is not enough bloody electricity. :evil: :twisted:
Attachments
022.JPG
Andy

Are those wind turbines turned off or just no wind to turn them. We had a lot down in Cornwall and there is a big field of them in the English Channel, but both these places are windy. It is solar panels that we see everywhere around here. Fields full of them as well as on buildings.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Murray

Nope, not a breath of air. We are told that those monsters can produce, well, insert any number you want. It is a lie anyway.
What they produced today was:
Nothing.
Zip.
Zero.
That is before I get pissed off and add the cost to the equation.
Today they cost us::
Well, use a little of what is left of your ability to make a choice........