Life in Bealiba.

Talk about anything here. ( non pigeon related please)
Andy

Does look and sound very nice. Nothing like a country village for making everyone feel welcome.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Murray

Our back boundary is the creek, or stream I suppose you blokes call it, in the second picture above. I've seen fish rising, only little ones, so I spent an hour or so down there with the rod. Nothing. :lol:
There's lots of baby fish by the bank, so there's got to be Mummy and Daddy fish. Saw one long wriggly thing.
It's only rubbish fresh water fish, and if they are there they are small, but people pay millions for a home with a fishing stream. :D And catching something is not the point. Standing on the bank, among the trees, with a cold beer on the ground, line in the water, about 40 yards from the back door. How good is that? :) :D
Greetings from the land down under. :D
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for verily, he shall not be disappointed.
Andy

Sounds an ideal retirement place. Mum and Dad brought their place when Dad took early retirement. They had their house built in 4 acres of land with a fishing lake on its west boundary. Dad unfortunately died a couple of years later so didn’t get to really enjoy it. That was 20 years ago now. Mum still lives there though.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Trev

Murray wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 7:36 am Our back boundary is the creek, or stream I suppose you blokes call it, in the second picture above. I've seen fish rising, only little ones, so I spent an hour or so down there with the rod. Nothing. :lol:
There's lots of baby fish by the bank, so there's got to be Mummy and Daddy fish. Saw one long wriggly thing.
It's only rubbish fresh water fish, and if they are there they are small, but people pay millions for a home with a fishing stream. :D And catching something is not the point. Standing on the bank, among the trees, with a cold beer on the ground, line in the water, about 40 yards from the back door. How good is that? :) :D
Sounds lovely mate 😁 you'll be wishing you'd brought that house soon lol 😁😂
I've never really been into fishing myself but did enjoy watching some of the John Wilson TV programmes, he was very passionate about it and did go to some beautiful places. Andy and one of our other brothers used to do a bit of fishing with our Dad when we were younger, I used to quite enjoy the bait digging 😁
What kind of fish would be in that Stream/Creek mate ?? Would they maybe just spawning grounds ??
Trev

Andy wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:07 am Sounds an ideal retirement place. Mum and Dad brought their place when Dad took early retirement. They had their house built in 4 acres of land with a fishing lake on its west boundary. Dad unfortunately died a couple of years later so didn’t get to really enjoy it. That was 20 years ago now. Mum still lives there though.
Yes it is sad that our Dad didn't get to enjoy it for long but he did achieve his dream and Mum has certainly got plenty of pleasure from being there. Your boys and families enjoy their summer camping weekends down their too don't they Andy 👍😁
Buster121

Do you want to swap Murray :lol: :lol: :lol:
Murray

Trev wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:01 am
Murray wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 7:36 am Our back boundary is the creek, or stream I suppose you blokes call it, in the second picture above. I've seen fish rising, only little ones, so I spent an hour or so down there with the rod. Nothing. :lol:
Sounds lovely mate 😁 you'll be wishing you'd brought that house soon lol 😁😂
I've never really been into fishing myself but did enjoy watching some of the John Wilson TV programmes, he was very passionate about it and did go to some beautiful places. Andy and one of our other brothers used to do a bit of fishing with our Dad when we were younger, I used to quite enjoy the bait digging 😁
What kind of fish would be in that Stream/Creek mate ?? Would they maybe just spawning grounds ??
It would just be yellow fin and carp, that sort of thing. Not trout or anything, trout are more clear water fish.
Murray

Banjo is sleepy after a big day
Attachments
E9D58605-BBB0-4DE0-BC8E-1AE57112E633.jpeg
Murray

Can’t get on the computer
Attachments
78506845-2342-42DE-A8D6-D996FAD0FA4F.jpeg
Trev

Murray wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 8:14 am Banjo is sleepy after a big day
Bless him, he's happy enough too 🤗