Life in Bealiba.

Talk about anything here. ( non pigeon related please)
Trev

Murray wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 6:42 am 53F86ED7-F8E3-47CD-9E33-9F987184BDA3.jpegFF7BA121-3AAF-45F0-B302-A7685F2F1B95.jpeg[attachment=0]53F86ED7-F8E3-47CD-9E33-9F987When we moved out into the bush, as the countryside is called here, I quietly bought 4 small babies in a box on the floor of the car. They were 11 or 12 days old.
I put them in a plastic tub and all the cocks have been feeding them.
I said nothing because people would immediately say they were too small to move.
They weren’t 😁
They look well mate 👍 Yes I'd have been concerned that they were too young as well but was the other choice 🤔😔 better to at least give them a chance and that's certainly paid off, the cocks did well 👍😁 These birds do constantly surprise, they can be so cruel and vicious yet other times so caring !!
I remember when I started up again my birds were in a small 6x4 shed until I built my new loft about 5 years ago. When the loft was ready my birds were already either feeding babies or sitting eggs so I was going to wait until they had reared their babies before moving them. However my lovely wife had other ideas and to my horror I got in from work one day to find she had moved all the birds, babies, nest bowls the lot into the new loft 😬😕😱🤯 I was convinced that the birds would end up leaving the babies and eggs, but guess what, no they didn't, every one of them just carried on as normal !!!
Trev

Murray wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 9:12 am Yes they are. We have taken the view that the next 6 or 8 weeks will be a holiday in the country. I was worried about the pigeons, they have all been thrown together in a big shed.
But the pigeons are as happy as can be.
To keep things as normal as I can, I still go out at about 7.00 am, run the scraper over the perches while chatting to them, then feed them. I am so pleased that I have pigeons flying across the shed and sitting on me when I am in there.
Brilliant mate, well done, I'm so pleased it's going well for you, it must make what could have been a very stressful time for you both so much easier 🤗
All the best.
Murray

Thanks Trev.
The move has been very hard work, after 15 years in that house we had a lot of stuff to move.
And, my loft is small, but there is a lot of timber in it. Removing it was a major job. I am fortunate in having some great friends, who have gone way above and beyond.
I don't know what the 'currency' is in England is for showing your appreciation for a helping hand, but here it is a case of 24 beers. One mate cannot drink beer, but was pleased when I gave him a very nice, expensive, bottle of wine. Another bloke, I still owe him some boxes of beer. Not that it is ever discussed.
We do feel very much as though this is a new season in our lives. We are happy, the cats are happy, the pigeons are happy, and best of all, with less pressure on me I am breathing better and feeling much better.
Greetings from the land down under. :D
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for verily, he shall not be disappointed.
Trev

Murray wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 9:50 am Thanks Trev.
The move has been very hard work, after 15 years in that house we had a lot of stuff to move.
And, my loft is small, but there is a lot of timber in it. Removing it was a major job. I am fortunate in having some great friends, who have gone way above and beyond.
I don't know what the 'currency' is in England is for showing your appreciation for a helping hand, but here it is a case of 24 beers. One mate cannot drink beer, but was pleased when I gave him a very nice, expensive, bottle of wine. Another bloke, I still owe him some boxes of beer. Not that it is ever discussed.
We do feel very much as though this is a new season in our lives. We are happy, the cats are happy, the pigeons are happy, and best of all, with less pressure on me I am breathing better and feeling much better.
That is great to hear mate and particularly good to hear that you are feeling better too, that is brilliant news, long may it continue 🤞🙏
It is pretty much the same over here with currency, true friends are few and far between but those we have don't expect payment, as you say a drink or two will usually be enough, but in most cases a simple hug and a thankyou is plenty 🤗
Andy

All very nice Murray. Did you take down your old loft at your old place and going to put it back up once settled to your new house?
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Buster121

Some lovely photos there Murray those young look well
Murray

Andy wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 11:53 am All very nice Murray. Did you take down your old loft at your old place and going to put it back up once settled to your new house?
Yes, the loft, the little stock shed and the Gordon box are all in storage at the pigeon club in Bendigo.
When we move to St Arnaud, David will bring it out and we will put it back up.
Trev

Murray wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 9:39 pm
Andy wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 11:53 am All very nice Murray. Did you take down your old loft at your old place and going to put it back up once settled to your new house?
Yes, the loft, the little stock shed and the Gordon box are all in storage at the pigeon club in Bendigo.
When we move to St Arnaud, David will bring it out and we will put it back up.
That's good Muzza, well done.
The birds will have no trouble recognising it from the outside when you first let them out lol👍😁
Murray

The shed the pigeons are locked up in has straw on the floor. With them flying around in there they have swept it all against the walls. All around the walls are hens sitting on eggs. It was a hen house, and that's what it looks like now! :D :lol:
I am going round throwing eggs away and putting pot eggs under them.
It's pretty rough in there, but I am trying to care for them, they get fresh water twice a day to keep the dust out of it, I gave them a big plate of chopped veggies yesterday and they attacked that. They get a cup full of fresh grit every day and some fish oil on the feed.
I have lightened the feed up quite a lot to stop them from getting too fat. They look fine and seem quite happy. I try to spend a bit of time in there with them to keep the bond with them.
Looking forward to getting to the cottage and getting the loft up again.
Andy

Good to hear they’re still quite happy in their temporary accommodation. It will be good to get to your new house and get things settled properly.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.