Life in Bealiba.

Talk about anything here. ( non pigeon related please)
Devo1956

Nice clear blue sky, oh yes bring them on.
Murray

Yes there was a growing industry in solar energy in Australia.
But someone did the maths, and to fuel 25 million people, and their compulsory electric car :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: they would need a solar panel farm about the size of the Northern Territory.
To put that in perspective, the Territory is 6 times the size of the UK.
So, other than brainwashed people who glue themselves to random surfaces, no one believes that this is in any way an option.
Despite all this, we still keep laughing. :D :lol:
Greetings from the land down under. :D
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for verily, he shall not be disappointed.
Murray

Now let us use a simple guess, and say that every day has 12 hours of daylight and 12 hours of night.
Using that, to solar power a country with 25 million people need an area of solar panels twelve times the size of the UK.
So to solar power a country the size of the UK, you need to re invent the East India Company, and cover the sub continent with solar panels.
A few Indians will go hungry. Well, that is not new.
Murray

It's been hot this afternoon, about 39 in the sun with no cloud. I have gone out several times and hosed the pigeon shed down and put fresh water in.
Forecast is for the same for the next couple of days. Last blast of heat before the autumn days.
Trev

Hi Muzza, sorry I've missed the last few days posts, some beautiful photos again and I always enjoy reading your posts mate 😁 Good to see you are both enjoying your newly acquired life of leisure 🤠☀️
I have to agree that all this going electric B******* drives me insane too 🤬🤯😡🤬 I'm convinced that is why our governments refuse to fully support the British Farmers, they are happy to import our food and use all the available acres here for Wind/Solar farms or to grow crops for biofuels 🤬😡🤬 I won't go on or poor Lisa will get it in the neck for the rest of the day lol 🤣😂🤣
Trev

Murray wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:17 pm The Cockys sitting in the big gum tree waiting for someone to throw them some sunflower seeds.
It didn't take them long to figure that one out :lol:
What an incredible site 🤠 I'm not one for travelling or visiting other countries but when you see pictures like those I can see why others do 👍🤗
Trev

Murray wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 6:42 am The blokes finally came back to install the new pole across the street. So we decided to go for a drive to Ararat, a town of 7000 people a bit over an hour west of here. We have driven through it on occasions, we know were the service stations and toilets are :D
It's a busy town, servicing a big agricultural area. We had lunch at the aptly named Ararat Hotel, recently revamped and under new ownership. Excellent meal
Ararat was an important point on the western line to South Australia in the steam days. It is about 120 miles from Melbourne and climbs all the way. When trains reached Ararat the steam locos were out of coal and water from working uphill, and the engine men were due to change. "Ararat Loco" was a major rail centre with a huge roundhouse and acres of sidings. Nearly all gone now.
On the way there we saw yet more of the environmental vandalism and political chicanery that is the 'Climate Change" agenda.
It was a still day, and on all the hills in the central highlands there are hundreds and hundreds of windmills. Billions of dollars invested. Tens of billions.
And not an amp of power coming out of them. None of them turned even once when we were on our way there, none of them was turning on the way back. Nothing.
014.JPG010.JPG017.JPG

I was so angry that Catherine made me promise not to rip the steering wheel off! :lol:
That is absolutely ludicrous 😕😬😂🤣
Trev

Andy wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:04 am
Trev wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:16 pm
Andy wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:57 am Don’t get sick of seeing the photos. Lovely shots. I love the sulphur crested cockatoo. You would have trouble finding any for sale over here now. Even African greys are hard to source and would cost over £1,000 now.
My mate from school used to breed and hand rear African Greys, he could make good money on hand tame ones. You must remember Andy Handley bruv !!
Yes Trev. He was in partnership with Melvin Gregory with the pigeons at one point wasn’t he. Was he also in partnership with Vince Shaw, Bobs son who I was at school with at one time?
Yes Andy he was with Melvin and they started off with pigeons gifted by Dad, I do remember Vince and he might well have been his partner for a while too !! I do remember Bob ran off with Vince's wife 😕😬 a nice Dad he was lol 😂🤣
Andy

I didn’t know that Trev.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Murray

We settle on the cottage in St Arnaud on Friday.
The final inspection was today, so we met the agent, Lois, who is lovely, at the house. It was the first time we have seen it empty, and it was better than we hoped in one respect, and worse than we hoped in another. It will be neat as a pin when we are done, but there's a fair bit to do.
Fortunately we got it at the right price and we have an enthusiastic young builder who came and went through it with us today.
While we were in St Arnaud we had lunch and visited the library and joined.
I took a few pictures of the main street.
001.JPG
005.JPG