Buster's birds

Talk about anything here. ( non pigeon related please)
Murray

Trev wrote: ↑Sun Jan 07, 2024 9:13 am Blimmy Muzza they don't hang about with moving house over there πŸ˜¬πŸ˜• that would have taken months to get to that stage over hear lol πŸ€£πŸ˜‚
Looks very different to where you have come from mate, the birds certainly look happy enough πŸ‘ that shed looks nicer than my loft lol 😬🀣 Yes Gordon looks happy enough πŸ‘ I can't say that I'm surprised you ended up taking all the old birds with you mate, when you love pigeons they all deserve a perch, old or young, good or bad πŸ€—πŸ‘
I can see me starting off the new season without having reduced my numbers at all, I just go in the loft, look at the ones to go and just can't do it πŸ˜•πŸ˜‰
How have the boys adjusted mate ??
All the best.
The boys are funny.
Flynn just marched in like he owns the place, he thinks it's great :lol:
Banjo baby was under the bed all day, and snuck out for peek that night. Then in the middle of the night he woke us up for cuddles and then he was okay.
Olly was a worry. He had been traumatised somehow before we adopted him. He is very nervous. aAnd he's the oldest. He spent a day and a night under the bed then he jumped on the bed for fusses with his mother. He was up for his breakfast and smooching around this morning so he will be fine.
So long as their parents are there and all their own things with their scents on they are fine.
Greetings from the land down under. :D
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for verily, he shall not be disappointed.
Andy

Murray wrote: ↑Sun Jan 07, 2024 8:18 pm
Buster121 wrote: ↑Sun Jan 07, 2024 12:35 pm
Murray wrote: ↑Sun Jan 07, 2024 8:45 am I gave away a lot of youngsters, but when the time came to move, I just packed up the old birds and bought the lot. All my talk about getting rid of some, well.....
Good to see you took em mate, looks a nice place how long before you move into your own place
There is a hold up with us taking possession of the house at St Arnaud. The elderly owners are going into a new unit, but not until end of January or early Feb. Then we want to do some renovations before we move in. So it could easily be 6 or 8 weeks, maybe a little longer. That's okay,
A big change for you Murray, how long were you at Bendigo? Hope all goes well for you both and you enjoy your new life in your new home. All the magpie’s will miss you.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Murray

Yes, we were in Bendigo for about 17 years, about 15 years at that house. But the plan was to sell up and by something smaller in the country and have some money left over. It appears to have worked.
We came to Australia 18 years ago, both of us from previous marriages, and without 2 shillings. Now we can retire and have no worries.
Greetings from the land down under. :D
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for verily, he shall not be disappointed.
Andy

Murray wrote: ↑Sun Jan 07, 2024 8:43 pm Yes, we were in Bendigo for about 17 years, about 15 years at that house. But the plan was to sell up and by something smaller in the country and have some money left over. It appears to have worked.
We came to Australia 18 years ago, both of us from previous marriages, and without 2 shillings. Now we can retire and have no worries.
I have moved a few times but we have now been in our home with the shop for 20 years this year. I brought it initially with my ex-wife but have been with Roxanna for 19 years this year. We will now be here until we retire but will then sell up and hopefully like you will be able to buy a house outright and have enough to buy a large mobile/camper van if our health is good enough.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Buster121

Andy wrote: ↑Sun Jan 07, 2024 9:21 pm
Murray wrote: ↑Sun Jan 07, 2024 8:43 pm Yes, we were in Bendigo for about 17 years, about 15 years at that house. But the plan was to sell up and by something smaller in the country and have some money left over. It appears to have worked.
I have moved a few times but we have now been in our home with the shop for 20 years this year. I brought it initially with my ex-wife but have been with Roxanna for 19 years this year. We will now be here until we retire but will then sell up and hopefully like you will be able to buy a house outright and have enough to buy a large mobile/camper van if our health is good enough.
Hope your dreams turn to reality mate
Trev

Murray wrote: ↑Sun Jan 07, 2024 8:30 pm
Trev wrote: ↑Sun Jan 07, 2024 9:13 am Blimmy Muzza they don't hang about with moving house over there πŸ˜¬πŸ˜• that would have taken months to get to that stage over hear lol πŸ€£πŸ˜‚
Looks very different to where you have come from mate, the birds certainly look happy enough πŸ‘ that shed looks nicer than my loft lol 😬🀣 Yes Gordon looks happy enough πŸ‘ I can't say that I'm surprised you ended up taking all the old birds with you mate, when you love pigeons they all deserve a perch, old or young, good or bad πŸ€—πŸ‘
I can see me starting off the new season without having reduced my numbers at all, I just go in the loft, look at the ones to go and just can't do it πŸ˜•πŸ˜‰
How have the boys adjusted mate ??
All the best.
The boys are funny.
Flynn just marched in like he owns the place, he thinks it's great :lol:
Banjo baby was under the bed all day, and snuck out for peek that night. Then in the middle of the night he woke us up for cuddles and then he was okay.
Olly was a worry. He had been traumatised somehow before we adopted him. He is very nervous. aAnd he's the oldest. He spent a day and a night under the bed then he jumped on the bed for fusses with his mother. He was up for his breakfast and smooching around this morning so he will be fine.
So long as their parents are there and all their own things with their scents on they are fine.
Good to hear mate, I'm sure they will be fine, especially once you do get settled into your new home πŸ˜πŸ€—
All the best.
Trev

Good luck mate, I hope you have the long and happy retirement that you both deserve πŸ‘πŸ€—