Tips

Need any help or advice post it here.
Devo1956

Thought i would start a topic, feel free to leave some tips for other members.

To prevent the widower females from mating, you can place 3 balloons on the ground from Wednesday.

When feeding, the baloons should of course be removed and placed back there after feeding.
Devo1956

Another tip for the respiratory system:

You can support the respiratory system with the red onion. To do this, scatter the onions two evenings in a row where the pigeons are sitting in front of the boxes.
Murray

Good subject, Devo.

Tip, rather than putting grit in the loft in a grit pot, where it gets dusty and the birds stop eating it, I put a spoon full in nestbox daily, and some on the floor along the front wall after I have swept out. They go mad for it.
Greetings from the land down under. :D
Buster121

Hopefully will be a good topic
Andy

Devo1956 wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 6:59 pm Thought i would start a topic, feel free to leave some tips for other members.

To prevent the widower females from mating, you can place 3 balloons on the ground from Wednesday.

When feeding, the baloons should of course be removed and placed back there after feeding.
I know Mark Gilbert has the plastic balls used in ball pools on the floor of his hens sections to stop them pairing.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Andy

I used to hang the old vapona fly killer pads in my loft. Never had any feather lice, moths or flies with these. Unfortunately these have now been banned. The replacement products aren’t as effective.
Andy

“Patience “ This is very important. There is no easy way to success. You can throw money at it and get early success but to stay at the top using this method involves constantly spending money on new introductions, most of which will be a waste of money.
Be patient, build a team of your own learning from your mistakes as you go.
Andy

With widowhood cocks the best way to settle them after a race once the hen is removed is to hold each bird in a bucket of warm water for 1 minute each. Once placed back in their box they will be very relaxed.
Devo1956

Good quality racing pigeons remain healthy if they have:
a dry loft with a lot of fresh air.
clean high quality food adapted to their needs.
fresh clean water changed often.
supplements like grit mixtures.
enough space for the pigeons; overcrowding them produces stress which is the main trigger for diseases.
Trev

Andy wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 9:35 pm I used to hang the old vapona fly killer pads in my loft. Never had any feather lice, moths or flies with these. Unfortunately these have now been banned. The replacement products aren’t as effective.
They were brilliant Andy, like with most things if they actually work they stop making them 😕😬