Pairing up.

Talk about anything racing pigeon related here aslong as there isnt a section for it.
Trev

Andy wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 5:50 pm I changed a couple of hens in the widowhood section today. All have settled down well now. I have started letting the pairs out of their boxes. One pair at a time at first but think they will all be out together by the end of the weekend .
2 of the 6 pairs in the natural section have paired up. Give it a couple of days and I’m sure they all will have done.
Good to hear your birds have settled well Andy, I hope they go down quickly and that this season goes well for you bruv 🤞🙏
Andy

Birds been paired up 4 days now. The naturals were allowed to select their own mates. 4 of the 6 cocks have paired up. The other 2 I think have but not together in a box yet.
IMG_3063.jpeg
IMG_3062.jpeg
The 11 pairs of widowhoods have all paired up fine. 9 of the pairs are out together in the loft and another one has been opened up tonight. The final pair I will let out tomorrow. I have had very little problem with any going into the wrong box. I like to get them out together as soon as possible before they start laying so that eggs don’t get broken.
IMG_3064.jpeg
IMG_3065.jpeg
IMG_3066.jpeg
IMG_3067.jpeg
Not the best of photos as it was dark when I took the photos.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Devo1956

Andy wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 5:31 pm Birds been paired up 4 days now. The naturals were allowed to select their own mates. 4 of the 6 cocks have paired up. The other 2 I think have but not together in a box yet.

IMG_3063.jpeg

IMG_3062.jpeg

The 11 pairs of widowhoods have all paired up fine. 9 of the pairs are out together in the loft and another one has been opened up tonight. The final pair I will let out tomorrow. I have had very little problem with any going into the wrong box. I like to get them out together as soon as possible before they start laying so that eggs don’t get broken.

IMG_3064.jpeg

IMG_3065.jpeg

IMG_3066.jpeg

IMG_3067.jpeg

Not the best of photos as it was dark when I took the photos.
I hope everything goes well Andy, At least you are on your way.
George and Morgan

god luck Andy
Murray

All looking terrific, Andy.
I am going to watch how it progresses for you. Very interesting.
Greetings from the land down under. :D
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for verily, he shall not be disappointed.
Buster121

Well done on getting them settled Andy keep us updated on progress, is the blue next to the grizzle and the dark one underneath it from me
Andy

Buster121 wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:03 pm Well done on getting them settled Andy keep us updated on progress, is the blue next to the grizzle and the dark one underneath it from me
No they are not Buster. Yours are all in the widowhood section. I’ll get some photos of them over the weekend.
The blue is a latebred cock out of distance stock down from Euro Diamond. The dark chequer is a 2 year old latebred out of a cock from Trev.

This the pedigree of the dam of the latebred blue cock.
IMG_1400.jpeg
The sire of the latebred is a son of the dam. So a mother and son pairing. Unfortunately the hen went missing off the loft after being flying out for a long time. Probably taken by a hawk.
Buster121

Sorry the blue looked familiar, nice birds and impressive pedigree
Trev

Andy wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:43 pm
Buster121 wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:03 pm Well done on getting them settled Andy keep us updated on progress, is the blue next to the grizzle and the dark one underneath it from me
No they are not Buster. Yours are all in the widowhood section. I’ll get some photos of them over the weekend.
The blue is a latebred cock out of distance stock down from Euro Diamond. The dark chequer is a 2 year old latebred out of a cock from Trev.

This the pedigree of the dam of the latebred blue cock.

IMG_1400.jpeg

The sire of the latebred is a son of the dam. So a mother and son pairing. Unfortunately the hen went missing off the loft after being flying out for a long time. Probably taken by a hawk.
Good to see they have settled well Andy, hopefully they will start going down on eggs soon and are all fairly close together 🤞 It will be nice to see some photos of them in day light, as you say those pictures don't really do them justice. I do like the Dark Checker that you say is down from one of mine, who is it out of ??
Good pedigree for the blue, it's a shame the hen went missing, where did you get her from bruv ??
I hope all goes well for you in 2024 bruv, could be an exciting season for you.
Andy

She is out of your grizzle cock 78. He was paired to a daughter of another one of yours B.Ch 94.