Pairing up.

Talk about anything racing pigeon related here aslong as there isnt a section for it.
Devo1956

It would have been my day for pairing up, boxing day was always my day. Then just wait and see how future youngsters come along. great time of the year.
Andy

I paired mine up today. Most pairs have settled well in the widowhood section. The naturals after a couple of hens were being picked on I just opened the boxes up and will let them pair up themselves.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Devo1956

Andy wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 7:19 pm I paired mine up today. Most pairs have settled well in the widowhood section. The naturals after a couple of hens were being picked on I just opened the boxes up and will let them pair up themselves.
I hope they all settle well, and you have a great breeding season Andy.
Andy

Devo1956 wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 7:31 pm
Andy wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 7:19 pm I paired mine up today. Most pairs have settled well in the widowhood section. The naturals after a couple of hens were being picked on I just opened the boxes up and will let them pair up themselves.
I hope they all settle well, and you have a great breeding season Andy.
Thanks Devo.
Most of my youngsters will be bred from the widowhood’s. I will be breeding from most of the 11 pairs. A couple of pairs will single rear a youngster from another pair rather than their own. When the youngsters are around 14 days old I will take the hens away. The cocks will finish rearing the youngsters until they are 21 days old when they will be weaned. They will then stay unmated until around 6 weeks before the first race.
Buster121

Good luck with it all Andy sure they will sort themselves out, I threw another load eggs the other day and noticed a few cocks chasing so can expect more soon
Murray

Another year has flown by, time to start pairing them up again. While here I am about finished for the year.
Greetings from the land down under. :D
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for verily, he shall not be disappointed.
Andy

I changed a couple of hens in the widowhood section today. All have settled down well now. I have started letting the pairs out of their boxes. One pair at a time at first but think they will all be out together by the end of the weekend .
2 of the 6 pairs in the natural section have paired up. Give it a couple of days and I’m sure they all will have done.
Buster121

Andy wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 5:50 pm I changed a couple of hens in the widowhood section today. All have settled down well now. I have started letting the pairs out of their boxes. One pair at a time at first but think they will all be out together by the end of the weekend .
2 of the 6 pairs in the natural section have paired up. Give it a couple of days and I’m sure they all will have done.
Soon settled so well done mate
Trev

Devo1956 wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 6:15 pm It would have been my day for pairing up, boxing day was always my day. Then just wait and see how future youngsters come along. great time of the year.
I always used to pair mine up on boxing day too, sadly with the hawks around now my birds will be shut up for at least another month and I don't want youngsters flying out until April really. Breeding later will also, hopefully 🤞, stop me from keeping too many 😁😂
Trev

Buster121 wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 8:48 pm Good luck with it all Andy sure they will sort themselves out, I threw another load eggs the other day and noticed a few cocks chasing so can expect more soon
I have to say my birds are all still together and most aren't showing much interest in pairing up and those who are still paired aren't looking like laying any time soon.