How tragic

Talk about anything here. ( non pigeon related please)
Buster121

Girl, 2, dies after catching rare virus from a PIGEON - and doctors don't know how she got infected

The toddler is believed to be only the fifth human victim of Newcastle Disease
The virus strain causes a raft of deadly symptoms like twisted necks in birds

An Australian toddler has died after catching an illness rife in pigeons.

Medics still don't know how the two-year-old, who was battling leukaemia, caught the highly contagious virus.

But they think she might have got infected by touching pigeon faeces or fluids.

The girl, who wasn't identified, is only the fifth human victim of Newcastle disease since records began in 1926.

Caused by avian paramyxovirus type 1 (APMV-1), the illness causes a raft of deadly neurological symptoms including twisted necks or trembling wings in birds.
Medics still don't know how the two-year-old, who was battling leukaemia, caught the highly contagious virus. But they think she might have got infected by touching pigeon faeces or fluids. The girl, who wasn't identified, is only the fifth human victim of Newcastle disease since records began in 1926

Medics still don't know how the two-year-old, who was battling leukaemia, caught the highly contagious virus. But they think she might have got infected by touching pigeon faeces or fluids. The girl, who wasn't identified, is only the fifth human victim of Newcastle disease since records began in 1926
Devo1956

Very sad indeed, a mate of mine in Russia. Told me there was a vent broken on the flats where he lived. he said pigeons had made a nest in the vent. People were complaining over dust coming into their homes, they removed the birds nest and put a new cover on. We know ourselves of the dangers of dust build up, and wearing protective clothing and masks. So sorry to hear of this sad loss of life.
Trev

That is very sad to hear, absolutely tragic 😔
Although we were brought up with pigeons and my kids grew up with them and on the farm it certainly makes me think twice about letting my young grandchildren near the loft !!