Hawk

Talk about anything here. ( non pigeon related please)
Buster121

Screeching in the tree across the road and one flying around out back of house
Andy

I expect they’re getting hungry in this cold spell. Would be such a shame if they go hungry lol.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Buster121

Andy wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 5:33 pm I expect they’re getting hungry in this cold spell. Would be such a shame if they go hungry lol.
:lol: :lol:
Murray

I had all the birds out and the wee small ones were pottering around, and the old stockies were showing off, while the youngsters and younger old birds were up, way up, tearing around. :D
Then I saw all the local magpies, dozens of them, flying mad circles around the place! :o All over the place. A couple of big ravens and lots of those little pied wrens.
I have seen it before.
There must have been a hawk of some description very close. Possibly a Goshawk hiding in a tree, or that rotten little sparrowhawk. Anyway soon after everything settled down and all are present and correct. :)
Greetings from the land down under. :D
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for verily, he shall not be disappointed.
Andy

The jackdaws around here are usually the ones that give the first indication that a hawk is around.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Trev

Andy wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 5:33 pm I expect they’re getting hungry in this cold spell. Would be such a shame if they go hungry lol.
🤣😂
Trev

Murray wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 7:08 am I had all the birds out and the wee small ones were pottering around, and the old stockies were showing off, while the youngsters and younger old birds were up, way up, tearing around. :D
Then I saw all the local magpies, dozens of them, flying mad circles around the place! :o All over the place. A couple of big ravens and lots of those little pied wrens.
I have seen it before.
There must have been a hawk of some description very close. Possibly a Goshawk hiding in a tree, or that rotten little sparrowhawk. Anyway soon after everything settled down and all are present and correct. :)
We have Goshawks around us now as well as Mrs Sparrow hawk 😡
Good to hear that you have an early warning system and all are safe and sound 👍🤗
I do often get the Jakdaws let my birds know when the hawk is around but sometimes even they don't see it coming 😡🤬
Trev

My birds are still on shutdown at the moment due to the hawk but our Mum (who has a few pigeons just across the field from me) informed me that one of her birds had been hit by the hawk yesterday. Thankfully she was out there and managed to scare the hawk off, the poor little hen is quite badly hurt on her back back Mum sprayed her with the good old purple spray so now it's just a matter of time to see if she recovers or not 🤞🤞
Buster121

Trev wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 9:40 am My birds are still on shutdown at the moment due to the hawk but our Mum (who has a few pigeons just across the field from me) informed me that one of her birds had been hit by the hawk yesterday. Thankfully she was out there and managed to scare the hawk off, the poor little hen is quite badly hurt on her back back Mum sprayed her with the good old purple spray so now it's just a matter of time to see if she recovers or not 🤞🤞
Hope she recovers mate
Trev

Buster121 wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 11:19 am
Trev wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 9:40 am My birds are still on shutdown at the moment due to the hawk but our Mum (who has a few pigeons just across the field from me) informed me that one of her birds had been hit by the hawk yesterday. Thankfully she was out there and managed to scare the hawk off, the poor little hen is quite badly hurt on her back back Mum sprayed her with the good old purple spray so now it's just a matter of time to see if she recovers or not 🤞🤞
Hope she recovers mate
She is apparently hanging on in there at the moment although her legs are a bit sore.