The Janssen collector

Post your topics on breeding or family of pigeons here.
Devo1956

If not the best collector of this famous family who is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swfATz5iWvE&t=223s
George and Morgan

the eyes seem weak not my type Dev
Andy

There’s some old birds there Devo. The youngest was 31 years ago.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Devo1956

Andy wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 5:37 pm There’s some old birds there Devo. The youngest was 31 years ago.
Yes Andy, the very old lines. Some of the birds i put up on a different topic, go back to these lines. These birds are still winning all over the world, and some very good have been cross bred..
Andy

Yes certainly a family that has been responsible for many good modern day families. I think is some ways what puts this family ahead of a lot of the others is that very few outside birds were brought in, probably unlike some of the other great families of the past like the Busschearts. My argument is and always will be that you cannot claim to have pure breds of any family once the founders of these families have passed. My way if thinking is for a pigeon to be claimed as pure bred it has to come directly from that loft. Any future pigeons are only based on these families and not pure bred. Jmo.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Devo1956

Andy wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 6:06 pm Yes certainly a family that has been responsible for many good modern day families. I think is some ways what puts this family ahead of a lot of the others is that very few outside birds were brought in, probably unlike some of the other great families of the past like the Busschearts. My argument is and always will be that you cannot claim to have pure breds of any family once the founders of these families have passed. My way if thinking is for a pigeon to be claimed as pure bred it has to come directly from that loft. Any future pigeons are only based on these families and not pure bred. Jmo.
I know August and Frank Dellamann, have pure Janseens Andy. Now these are from the top birds for sure.