Pigeon lofts

Topics relating to construction or maintenance of your loft, boxes and pigeon equipment
Devo1956

What type of shed do you have, and how many compartments? Has the open door system gone, due to the changes of electric clocks.
Attachments
30x8-hduty-pent.jpg
George and Morgan

mine is simple 10 x 6 shed 8x 8 shed
Devo1956

George and Morgan wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 2:31 pm mine is simple 10 x 6 shed 8x 8 shed
Are they still the same sheds George, if they are. they have lasted well mate.
George and Morgan

yes Dev
Buster121

Mine are 2 18 x6 3 sections in each but only use 5 use other for storage
Andy

Still a bit of work to do on mine but, 2 lofts. One 16 x 6 with sloping roof with 2 sections plus a storage space. Other 8 x 6 split into two 4 x 6 sections with apex roof.
Used to trap through open door years ago now all traps because of ETS.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Murray

Mine is very small but tidy. 8x6 in 2 sections and a small stock shed.
Sputnik trap.
Greetings from the land down under. :D
Trev

Mine is 16 x 6 with a small aviary along the front and a sloping roof which hopefully is being replaced this week if the rain ever holds off 😕🤯
It has 3 sections, an 10x6 old bird race section a 4x6 young bird section and a 2x6 store area. Over winter the two sections are kept seperated as the birds are spit up but during racing old and young all run together. The birds trap through Bob wires.
I also have a small 6x4 shed for a few stock birds.
Ideally I'd love to have a corridor but never even considered it when I was building this one, maybe on my next one 🤔😁
Murray

I am in two minds about corridors on lofts. When you see the lofts of some of the greatest flyers, Heremans, Ad Schaerlaeckens, and some of the legends down under, none of them have corridor lofts. They seem to think the space taken up would be better used to give the birds more room.
I do know one bloke who has a corridor on his loft, but the sliding doors are always open so the pigeons can sit along the front and look out. He says that when the birds were locked in the sections they hated it and wouldn't settle.
It looks good though!
Greetings from the land down under. :D
Andy

I have had corridors before and they are quite good for not disturbing birds when moving through the loft but only of any real benefit if having multi sections in one loft. It was fine when trapping through open door but not so easy when using traps as they still need to go through the corridor. Also I think you’re right Murray. They are much better being able to get to the front of the loft where they can lay in the sun.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.