Selecting next year’s pairings

Post your topics on breeding or family of pigeons here.
Andy

Trev wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 10:33 am
Andy wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 10:06 am I know a couple of fanciers who have already paired some up. With rings issued on the 1st December now they will have youngsters ready to ring by then. I still don’t think they should be issued until the 10th January as they used too.
I know several of our members will have youngsters ready to ring by the beginning of December too Andy, I agree with you, it makes a bit of a mockery of calling it young bird racing really !!! We may as well adopt the way they do it in Australia and just race any age, one programme.
We have a proposition from our club to race an any age programme in the combine this year but looks like it’s going to be voted against.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Buster121

Andy wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 10:40 am
Trev wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 10:33 am
Andy wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 10:06 am I know a couple of fanciers who have already paired some up. With rings issued on the 1st December now they will have youngsters ready to ring by then. I still don’t think they should be issued until the 10th January as they used too.
I know several of our members will have youngsters ready to ring by the beginning of December too Andy, I agree with you, it makes a bit of a mockery of calling it young bird racing really !!! We may as well adopt the way they do it in Australia and just race any age, one programme.
We have a proposition from our club to race an any age programme in the combine this year but looks like it’s going to be voted against.
Think all clubs should do any age racing would probably lure me back racing for sure, I also agree rings should be issued January
Murray

Murray wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 7:12 am People select the pairings :o :?
:lol: The way my family is these days I pretty much let them pick their own mates, as a rule. My old family were very inbred, and most of the pigeons I have bought in are too. The Jos Thone's in particular are pretty inbred to the champions, Sedna, Nadira, Poco, those sorts of pigeons. So I just let them pick a mate and the cross bred youngsters seem pretty good.
My old blue family are mainly Jansen x Van Loon, and all look and handle very nice, so I tend not to worry which one they chose.
Greetings from the land down under. :D