Eyes for Andy.

Post your topics on breeding or family of pigeons here.
Devo1956

When we talk about eyes, and the type of eye goes together with another one if paring. What are your thoughts on these 2 eyes please Andy.
Attachments
3548fa5e-3fc7-4567-9ac4-381aa9d7e21b_largesize.jpg
a06a5293-32d4-4780-ba95-476447554662_fullsize.jpg
George and Morgan

for me not great eyes but what do i know
Devo1956

George and Morgan wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 3:05 pm for me not great eyes but what do i know
To be honest George, i really like both eyes. That is why i asked Andy to read.
Buster121

Two nice eyes and birds
Trev

We'll see what Andy has to say but in my opinion both eyes are nice, as are the birds, no doubting the quality of the hen either !!!
I wouldn't say they are outstanding eyes and I've definitely seen better, the hens eye is the nicest as I like the brightness of the orange. I wouldn't put the two together as they are both very full eyes !!
But as George says, what do we know lol 😂😁😂
Andy

Personally I don’t think they are great breeding eyes, either of them. As Trev says the irises are too full certainly to pair together. They both have bits I like but neither have a particularly good inner circle. The eye of the chequer pied has quite a lot of bull in it seen easily between 4 & 6 o’clock but over the whole eye it’s making the colour appear a lot darker than it is. I like a chestnut and old gold eye but think this is looking like that because of the bull in it. This isn’t unusual in pied pigeons as the bull eye gene is linked to the pied gene. The red chequer has a bit of pied in it and I think the colour of this eye is also influenced by this gene especially around the outer edges. This one has a better inner circle with a wide area of dark shading between 6 & 11 but quite narrow around the rest of the eye. Not ones that I would put together as a pair using eye sign to be honest.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Devo1956

Andy wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 6:11 pm Personally I don’t think they are great breeding eyes, either of them. As Trev says the irises are too full certainly to pair together. They both have bits I like but neither have a particularly good inner circle. The eye of the chequer pied has quite a lot of bull in it seen easily between 4 & 6 o’clock but over the whole eye it’s making the colour appear a lot darker than it is. I like a chestnut and old gold eye but think this is looking like that because of the bull in it. This isn’t unusual in pied pigeons as the bull eye gene is linked to the pied gene. The red chequer has a bit of pied in it and I think the colour of this eye is also influenced by this gene especially around the outer edges. This one has a better inner circle with a wide area of dark shading between 6 & 11 but quite narrow around the rest of the eye. Not ones that I would put together as a pair using eye sign to be honest.
Thanks for the reading Andy. great feedback and its good to hear what others think.