Different views.

Talk about anything racing pigeon related here aslong as there isnt a section for it.
Devo1956

Well this topic is what i call the facts of the sport, we all have different views and that is important. Many people in the sport have started with Zero, but they would sit and fact find coming into the sport. After a while they would build a small loft, and get to know others in the area. A bird off one flyer or maybe a couple of youngsters off another guy. This was all the part of getting into the sport of racing pigeons. Well we could say things have moved on, but general facts of the sport remain for us all.
I was reading this on tips of the racing loft, maybe it will help others.

https://www.pigeonracingpigeon.com/what ... cing-tips/
George and Morgan

were do you find this stuff Dev it is a good read if not short
Devo1956

George and Morgan wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 10:37 am were do you find this stuff Dev it is a good read if not short
George, The pigeon insider. There are many topics on there. It's not a bad site mate.
Buster121

Pigeon Insider great site I used to get all the emails from them but not had any in a while
Andy

Some interesting things there. Back to just basics.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Murray

Buster121 wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 1:20 pm Pigeon Insider great site I used to get all the emails from them but not had any in a while
Yea, Pigeon Insider was / is an American site. He was big on selling "secrets of the champions". At first you got lots and lots of interesting emails, but then the sell came.
Greetings from the land down under. :D
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for verily, he shall not be disappointed.
Devo1956

Murray wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 6:33 am
Buster121 wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 1:20 pm Pigeon Insider great site I used to get all the emails from them but not had any in a while
Yea, Pigeon Insider was / is an American site. He was big on selling "secrets of the champions". At first you got lots and lots of interesting emails, but then the sell came.
Yes true Murray i found that.
Buster121

Murray wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 6:33 am
Not cheap either really, but some very good and interesting items with a lot of info
Devo1956

I think this is true in the pigeon world, and we hear about it all the time.You as a trainer may need some improvement in different aspects of the sport: feeding, training, medication, trapping and loft management. It is hard for us to accept the blame for poor results or heavy loses. We much rather blame the birds, the weather, the transport company, or some other area, but not our own abilities or methods.
Buster121

Devo1956 wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:16 am I think this is true in the pigeon world, and we hear about it all the time.You as a trainer may need some improvement in different aspects of the sport: feeding, training, medication, trapping and loft management. It is hard for us to accept the blame for poor results or heavy loses. We much rather blame the birds, the weather, the transport company, or some other area, but not our own abilities or methods.
Not me mate read my signature :lol: :lol: