not looking good

Talk about anything here. ( non pigeon related please)
George and Morgan

i know the one i was in was not run straight 39 birds from 385 to start with they keep putting back the auction hoping more birds will work in it's now 42 latest on Moray olr think all this has done a lot of harm to olr
Attachments
401083104_122099407814118460_6177910741062407554_n.jpg
Buster121

It has certainly caused harm George
George and Morgan

Shropshire winter olr training started from one mile
Andy

George and Morgan wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 12:46 pm Shropshire winter olr training started from one mile
I can’t understand why they start at such short distances. I think the shortest I have ever started off at is 7 miles. Usually 10 miles plus.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Buster121

Andy wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 1:59 pm
George and Morgan wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 12:46 pm Shropshire winter olr training started from one mile
I can’t understand why they start at such short distances. I think the shortest I have ever started off at is 7 miles. Usually 10 miles plus.
My first trainer was around 20 miles
George and Morgan

rumor has it rpra are slow paying out olr prize money some members are very angry also they will only disclose how much the olr birds made at auction in due course :oops: :oops: :oops:
Trev

I think looking at OLRs in general they are a great idea as they give those fanciers who are unable to race their birds or even keep pigeons an opportunity to do so. However I think there needs to be some kind of global body put in place to ensure they are all run properly and fairly with the pigeons well fare being made the priority. Sadly with most things you get a few unscrupulous people getting involved to make it purely a money making venture, that way debacles like this one should be prevented.
Trev

Buster121 wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 9:09 pm
Andy wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 1:59 pm
My first trainer was around 20 miles
I agree and wouldn't start mine that short but it is surprising just how many fanciers do start their youngsters only a mile or even less from home. Laurie Everett used to start his down the end of his road Andy, and Des Coulter and Jed Jackson used to liberate theirs from each others houses which were no more than a couple of miles apart !! Having said that I know Des would start training his almost as soon as they were flying. There are several members in Littlehampton who also start at just a couple of miles away.
Andy

Trev wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 11:08 am I think looking at OLRs in general they are a great idea as they give those fanciers who are unable to race their birds or even keep pigeons an opportunity to do so. However I think there needs to be some kind of global body put in place to ensure they are all run properly and fairly with the pigeons well fare being made the priority. Sadly with most things you get a few unscrupulous people getting involved to make it purely a money making venture, that way debacles like this one should be prevented.
There is a governing body over here Trev, it’s the RPRA but if they’re not even running their own properly from what George is saying how can they govern the others.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Trev

Andy wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 1:19 pm
Trev wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 11:08 am I think looking at OLRs in general they are a great idea as they give those fanciers who are unable to race their birds or even keep pigeons an opportunity to do so. However I think there needs to be some kind of global body put in place to ensure they are all run properly and fairly with the pigeons well fare being made the priority. Sadly with most things you get a few unscrupulous people getting involved to make it purely a money making venture, that way debacles like this one should be prevented.
There is a governing body over here Trev, it’s the RPRA but if they’re not even running their own properly from what George is saying how can they govern the others.
Yeah I know Andy, I was meaning set up purely to govern OLRs bruv.