A eye for Andy.

Talk about anything racing pigeon related here aslong as there isnt a section for it.
Devo1956

Andy wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 5:45 pm A nice pigeon. A better eye for breeding in my opinion. The inner circle is better in this one.
Thanks Andy, it's like what they say. It's getting the right balance when pairing.
Trev

Both very nice looking birds, I'd say the first eye has more distance in it whereas the other is more of a sprint pigeon !! Probably completely wrong though lol 😂😁
Herbots were always a good distance family but I always thought they were a strain in their own right !!! But I guess most of the top continental lofts are made up of many different strains.
Devo1956

What about this one please Andy, i think you should get a good reading from this one.
Attachments
875f9fa7-82de-4fc1-aec4-0953bca2d61e_largesize.jpg
Andy

This is quite a good eye. The inner circle is quite wide with dark shading between 3 & 7 where the circle is a bit wider. The circle of colouration is a nice bright yellow. The orange iris has a bit of room in it with quite a few waves in it.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Devo1956

Andy wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 6:04 pm This is quite a good eye. The inner circle is quite wide with dark shading between 3 & 7 where the circle is a bit wider. The circle of colouration is a nice bright yellow. The orange iris has a bit of room in it with quite a few waves in it.
Well Andy this was a very good Gaby Vandenabeele birds raced well and a very good breeder.
Andy

Thanks for the info Dev. Always nice to get some feed back as to how pigeons have actually done following my assessment of the eye. I can still learn myself from the results.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Trev

Devo1956 wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 4:16 pm What about this one please Andy, i think you should get a good reading from this one.
Bit late for me to pass judgement as I've already read the info on it lol but a nice eye albeit quite ordinary really and an eye I imagine you would find in most lofts it just shows that the eye is only part of the story. It is nice to know more about these birds who's eyes we see, as Andy says we are all still learning 😉