Not looking bad

Talk about anything here. ( non pigeon related please)
Trev

There is obviously some good living around your way Dev, they do look well mate.
I have a right mixture around me, some look well whereas others do look quite ropey !!
Devo1956

Trev wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 7:20 pm There is obviously some good living around your way Dev, they do look well mate.
I have a right mixture around me, some look well whereas others do look quite ropey !!
They come daily Trev, so there is always a feed for them.
Devo1956

I had a new visitor today, The young baby must have been told about my feed kitchen.
Attachments
thumbnail (51).jpeg
Buster121

may be looking for his dad
Andy

Devo1956 wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 2:10 pm I had a new visitor today, The young baby must have been told about my feed kitchen.
You’ll be building a little loft for them all soon mate lol. Another nice looking one there.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Devo1956

Andy wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 5:30 pm
Devo1956 wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 2:10 pm I had a new visitor today, The young baby must have been told about my feed kitchen.
You’ll be building a little loft for them all soon mate lol. Another nice looking one there.
Could be a good test loft, you never know what you could breed of selected ones. Oh no not another project :P :P :P
Andy

Devo1956 wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 6:07 pm
Could be a good test loft, you never know what you could breed of selected ones. Oh no not another project :P :P :P
It’s something I always thought would be interesting to do. Take a few streeters and with selective breeding and testing seeing how long it would take to breed a winner. I’m sure it could be done. All dad’s original pigeons were ones picked up as ferals and kept in old orange boxes hung on the wall as a lot of youngsters done back in those days.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Devo1956

Andy wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 6:54 pm

It’s something I always thought would be interesting to do. Take a few streeters and with selective breeding and testing seeing how long it would take to breed a winner. I’m sure it could be done. All dad’s original pigeons were ones picked up as ferals and kept in old orange boxes hung on the wall as a lot of youngsters done back in those days.

To be honest Andy, i think these streeters can be off some good lost birds. i agree it would be a good challenge, and see about the outcome. Like you say not sure how long to breed a winner.
Buster121

Devo1956 wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 6:59 pm

To be honest Andy, i think these streeters can be off some good lost birds. i agree it would be a good challenge, and see about the outcome. Like you say not sure how long to breed a winner.
Most are lost birds that have dropped into towns etc and bred, so yes you will get some decent ones from them, when I was young my brother and I would go to the local factory that had closed and climb up the sides to get to the pigeons nests and get the babies out take home and rear them we did have some nice birds but not racing in those days we only about 13/14
Devo1956

Buster121 wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 9:02 pm
Devo1956 wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 6:59 pm

Most are lost birds that have dropped into towns etc and bred, so yes you will get some decent ones from them, when I was young my brother and I would go to the local factory that had closed and climb up the sides to get to the pigeons nests and get the babies out take home and rear them we did have some nice birds but not racing in those days we only about 13/14
Many of the lads would go to New brighton looking for dropouts, and catch birds with rings and rubbers on. To start building some racing teams to start with.