Any ideas

Need any help or advice post it here.
Andy

Devo1956 wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 9:34 pm In Asda £2.00 a tube mix in water.
Thanks mate. I have some multivitamins here. Will try some tomorrow.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Trev

I've got one or two of mine looking a little under the weather at the moment and some wet looking droppings again, seems to be something I get every year around this time !! I think its partly overcrowding, stress from racing and Moulting but also think it could be something to do with hawk strikes as they are worse since I had my last hit a couple of weeks ago !! I have put mine on a course of Gem Strike and have ordered some Old hand white sesqui going light tablets.
Devo1956

The one thing we need to give our birds, they are bred to race so its important to fuel them with the right things they need to do the job. Magnesium is a mineral that is essential for healthy muscles, nerves, bones and blood sugar levels. If you don't get enough magnesium in your diet over a long time, you may be at a higher risk of health problems such as heart attack, stroke, diabetes or osteoporosis. This is a product i use myself, i must say it does work.
Murray

I would be thinking it's a calcium deficiency. Try putting shell grit in the loft, and replace it every day so it is fresh. If after a few days there's no change, start looking for something else.
Greetings from the land down under. :D
Buster121

Murray wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 9:21 pm I would be thinking it's a calcium deficiency. Try putting shell grit in the loft, and replace it every day so it is fresh. If after a few days there's no change, start looking for something else.
That was my thinking as well
Andy

I had a lot of dealings with calcium deficiency when in dairy farming. Older cows would quite often get milk fever, calcium deficiency, just after calving when there is a massive demand for calcium to produce the milk. A lack of calcium which is stored in the bone marrow which narrows with age causes the cows to lose the use of their legs. They can dye quite quickly with it but they also recover extremely quickly by giving them a bottle of calcium. I have had cows at deaths door flat out. Injected 400ml of calcium straight into the jugular vein and had them sitting up before getting the whole bottle into them. They are usually back on their feet within half an hour. Very occasionally they might need a second bottle but usually are fine and wouldn’t have any trouble again until calving again the following year.
So although I didn’t treat her with anything she was much better the following morning. Still not quite right but much better.
Buster121

Good to see she improving Andy
George and Morgan

yes that's good news
Andy

I gave all the birds some oyster shell grit this morning in a pot on the floor. The cocks have eaten a bit but the hens have cleared the lot. Will give them a bit more tomorrow.