Youngsters 2024

Talk about anything racing pigeon related here aslong as there isnt a section for it.
Devo1956

How many youngsters will you be breeding for 2024?
George and Morgan

very few Dev
Andy

I’ll look to have around 30. Probably 6 from Buster and 6 from Rich. The rest will be home bred.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Buster121

None for myself
Trev

To be honest Dev I've not given it much thought yet. I've still got to sort my loft roof out before separating my birds, I can then have a good look at what I've got here, get my records up to date and ca then decide who I want to breed from. Trouble is I had too good a year and still have 32 raced youngsters left and 8 late breds, then of course my old birds 😬 I only have nest boxes for 18 pairs so as you can see I'm very overstocked so to be honest could with having a year without breeding anything but that will set me back so I have some serious sorting out to do πŸ€”πŸ€” I am hoping to have a few youngsters from Buster and possibly Rich so I will have to be careful how many of my I own I do keep. If I get my loft sorted in time I am thinking of having the vet visit so I can send across the water next season, I need to have more distance races to sort out my numbers.
Buster121

Trev wrote: ↑Thu Oct 26, 2023 10:27 pm To be honest Dev I've not given it much thought yet. I've still got to sort my loft roof out before separating my birds, I can then have a good look at what I've got here, get my records up to date and ca then decide who I want to breed from. Trouble is I had too good a year and still have 32 raced youngsters left and 8 late breds, then of course my old birds 😬 I only have nest boxes for 18 pairs so as you can see I'm very overstocked so to be honest could with having a year without breeding anything but that will set me back so I have some serious sorting out to do πŸ€”πŸ€” I am hoping to have a few youngsters from Buster and possibly Rich so I will have to be careful how many of my I own I do keep. If I get my loft sorted in time I am thinking of having the vet visit so I can send across the water next season, I need to have more distance races to sort out my numbers.
Trev B&Q got good deal on corrugated sheets Β£13 odd per sheet
Trev

Buster121 wrote: ↑Fri Oct 27, 2023 3:55 pm
Trev wrote: ↑Thu Oct 26, 2023 10:27 pm To be honest Dev I've not given it much thought yet. I've still got to sort my loft roof out before separating my birds, I can then have a good look at what I've got here, get my records up to date and ca then decide who I want to breed from. Trouble is I had too good a year and still have 32 raced youngsters left and 8 late breds, then of course my old birds 😬 I only have nest boxes for 18 pairs so as you can see I'm very overstocked so to be honest could with having a year without breeding anything but that will set me back so I have some serious sorting out to do πŸ€”πŸ€” I am hoping to have a few youngsters from Buster and possibly Rich so I will have to be careful how many of my I own I do keep. If I get my loft sorted in time I am thinking of having the vet visit so I can send across the water next season, I need to have more distance races to sort out my numbers.
Thanks Buster πŸ‘ I've decided to give our younger brother the job of sorting it out for me as he is a builder so I've told him I'll pay him and his mate to do it for me. He is going to board it and fibreglass it πŸ‘ hopefully in the next couple of weeks.
Buster121

Trev wrote: ↑Sat Oct 28, 2023 9:24 am
Buster121 wrote: ↑Fri Oct 27, 2023 3:55 pm
Thanks Buster πŸ‘ I've decided to give our younger brother the job of sorting it out for me as he is a builder so I've told him I'll pay him and his mate to do it for me. He is going to board it and fibreglass it πŸ‘ hopefully in the next couple of weeks.
That should last well, hope they sort it for you
Andy

Hopefully Rob will sort it for you Trev. I couldn’t have put up with it as long as you have lol.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
Murray

Good to hear you are getting that sorted out, Trev. You won't know yourself with good roof on the shed. :D
Greetings from the land down under. :D
Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for verily, he shall not be disappointed.