eye photos on my own

Talk about anything here. ( non pigeon related please)
Andy

It’s good that you are giving it a chance George. I have the stray still here that came in with a broken leg and badly hawked. I will give it a chance. This is supposed to be from birds that he had spent a fortune on. Means nothing to me. Along with all the other birds in my loft they are worthless until they start to prove otherwise.
Back just enjoying club racing for the time being.
George and Morgan

Andy we all have heard before the stray has always been the best bred bird in the loft this hen handles the worse bird in my loft has not got a great eye must be a good breeder lol also don't forget he told me nothing about the bird
George and Morgan

been told that i need to get closer to the eye not sure how i will do that
George and Morgan

not used this bird holder will try that to-morrow
Attachments
2015-high-qulity-pigeon-holder-bird-holder.jpg
Andy

Good luck with it George.
George and Morgan

the holder played it's part still far from satisfy
Attachments
P1050675.JPG
P1050666.JPG
Andy

Not a bad photo George. I’m not overly keen on that eye. The inner circle isn’t too bad but full of dark shading so not much scope to get any fuller. The same has to be said about the iris. It is rather full allowing very little of the gold from the circle of colouration to show through. Not the sort of eye that I would say would be a good breeder.
George and Morgan

thinking the same Andy that's why it's moving on
Trev

Andy wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 8:04 am It’s good that you are giving it a chance George. I have the stray still here that came in with a broken leg and badly hawked. I will give it a chance. This is supposed to be from birds that he had spent a fortune on. Means nothing to me. Along with all the other birds in my loft they are worthless until they start to prove otherwise.
Throughout my life I try to treat others the way I would like to be treated and the same goes for my birds, I will do my best to look after any stray that comes into my loft and can only hope that other fanciers give my birds the same courtesy, sadly I'm not naive enough to imagine that all fanciers do but it won't change my sentiment.
Trev

George and Morgan wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 2:54 pm the holder played it's part still far from satisfy
A much better photo George 👍 the bird certainly looks content enough in your new holder mate 👍
The eye certainly looks pretty ordinary, it has a good colour and is nice and bright but I couldn't say if it's likely to breed you anything or not. The only thing I would say is that I bet if you look at any rock doves eyes they will be pretty ordinary but over many years of selective breeding someone has made them look pretty special ;) ;)